This is The Stocks in Action show. Lets have a look at ASX 200 and the ASX listed stocks that are trending today.
• The S&P/ASX200 is up today, gaining 41 point 70 points or point 58 per cent to 7259 point 50 and setting a new 100-day high.
• The US stock market seesawed while global equities markets rallied ahead of a closely watched Federal Reserve report that will glean insights into how companies are coping with rebounding consumer demand.
• Benchmark US stock indices saw muted gains, although the segments broadly remained subdued as investors took cues from the recent spike in oil prices and inflation data.
• Wall Street inched higher at the open only to erase most of the gains near midday trading. The Dow Jones gained point 07 per cent, to 34,600 point 38, while the S&P 500 gained point 14 per cent, to 4,208 point 12.
• The dollar index was up point 001 per cent at 89 point 907, at 2:34 PM Eastern Time, after trading in a range of 89 point 856 and 90 point 247.
• Cryptocurrencies are becoming stable and seem to have absorbed all the negative news that bombarded the crypto space in May.
• Copper prices softened on Wednesday as firmer dollar sapped the metal's appeal. Investors also took some money off the table over worries about a dip in demand from top consumer China.
• August delivery of Brent crude oil futures traded at $71 and 28 cents per barrel up point 04 per cent while West Texas Intermediate crude oil futures for July delivery traded down point 10 per cent at US$68 dollars 76 cents per barrel as of the 3rd of June 2021 at 10:14 AM Australian Eastern Standard Time.