The show guages the pulse of the market and trends that emerge by mid-day, along with providing the commodity and crypto charter, besides market gainers/losers. Watch The Mid-Market Pulse on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• In the last 24 hours, NSW reported 78 new locally acquired cases, while Victoria's recorded 13 new COVID cases, including four announced yesterday.
• Energy was the worst performer with 1.5 per cent loss, followed by material which dropped over 1 per cent. Telecom, financial, industrial and materials were trading lower over 1 per cent each.
• Oil and gas producer Oil Search was top percentage gainers on ASX pack, rising 4.6 per cent on proposed merger with rival Santos.
• Let us look at the first company
• Shares of Australia’s largest Buy-Now-Pay-Later player Afterpay were down 1.5 per cent at AU$103.25.
• Shares of iron ore miner BHP Group fell 2.3 per cent after the global resources company released quarterly business updates.