This is The Mid Market Pulse. Lets get started with the mid market commentary for today.
• The ASX 200 is trading higher by 12.70 points or 0.17% at 7315.20. Earlier today, the index opened marginally higher, up just 3.30 points at 7,305.80, despite the three major Wall Street stock indices closing higher overnight. Over the last five sessions, the index has gained 0.27%.
• AI data provider Appen is top gainers on the ASX, rising 5.85% to AU$13.89. Some of other notable gainers are Lynas Corporation Limited, Mesoblast Ltd., Whitehaven Coal Ltd and ZIP Co Limited, which trade higher between 4-5.6%.
• Meanwhile, Eagers Automotive Limited is top percentage loser on ASX, falling 3% to AU$15.51. Stockland, EML Payments Limited, Reliance Worldwide Corporation and Iress Ltd. are some of other notable losers.
• The share price of Domino's Pizza Enterprises, surges 0.9% to AU$115.08 after Australia’s largest pizza chain expanded its global footprint by acquiring Domino’s Taiwan.
• Shares of SkyCity Entertainment Group Ltd rises 0.9% to AU$3.34 after the company provided its earnings guidance for FY21 on the back of “stronger than expected trading”.
• Bulletin Resources Limited shares rise 4.28% to 7.3 Australian cents after the company announced that it has initiated a new drilling campaign at Lake Rebecca. Taiwan’s Weighted Index is the best performer in the region, gaining 1.15%. Japan's Nikkei rises 0.13% while Seoul's Kospi trades climbs 0.56%. Also, the Straits Times index in Singapore surges 0.30%
• Shares of Crown Resorts dropped 1.85% to AU12.17 after the Victorian government extended time and funding to the Royal Commission that is probing the casino operator.
• Therapeutic antibody development company Patrys Limited has announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary Nucleus Therapeutics Pty Ltd has received a AU$6.26 million R&D Tax Incentive Refund for FY20. The stock PAB traded last at 3.1 Australian cents.