You are watching kalkine tv live from Sydney. This is the market movers show. Lets get to the Top 5 ASX gainers of the day The Australian stock market. The Australian stock market traded higher on Thursday, buoyed by energy and gold stocks that tracked higher prices of underlying commodities. However, gains were capped by weak earnings from supermarket giant Woolworths. Here are top 5 ASX gainers of the day:
• The stock of the nickel miner Nickel Mines surged nearly 7% to the intra-day high $1.15. The low-cost producer of nickel pig iron, a key ingredient in the production of stainless steel, led the gains for the mining sector.
• The stock of the Australian multinational contactor CIMIC Group soared over 6 per cent to the day’s high of $19.29.
• The gold stock Ramelius Resources jumped nearly 6 per cent to $1.74.
• The stock of the gold mining firm Resolute Mining rose over 5 per cent to the day’s high of $0.49.
• Perseus Mining stock rose just over 5 per cent to the day’s high of $1.26.