Hi, you are watching ‘The Market Movers. Let us look at some stocks that are under the spotlight today for driving the ASX 200 momentum.
• The poultry products producer Inghams Group is the leading gainer on ASX 200. In the latest update, the company has stated that its forecast profit for FY2021 could surpass current forecasts and has therefore provided a guidance to investors.
• Shareholder registry firm Link Administration jumped on over A$3 billion offer for majority-owned realty firm PEXA.
• Ausralia’s largest gambling company Tabcorp leaps after BetMakers bids A$4 billion for its wagering unit.
• Aussie Broadband sees best day in more than three months on outlook upgrade. Aussie Broadband has upgraded outlook for FY21 earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) excluding IPO costs to the range of A$17 million to A$20 million, up from the prospectus forecast of A$12.3 million.
• Whitehaven Coal also jumped up the ASX 200 ladder. Whitehaven Coal recently welcomed the judgment in the Federal Court dismissing proceedings seeking to prevent the Federal Environment Minister granting an approval for the company’s Vickery Extension Project under the Environmental Protection Biodiversity and Conservation Act.
• The shares of American movie theater chain, AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc (NYSE:AMC), surged 47% on Thursday, as speculative trading by Reddit-obsessed day traders spiked. However, at the end of day’s trade, it closed at US$26.52 a piece – down 35.58%.
• Then, Financial sector gained nearly 1% with Westpac Banking Corp (ASX:WBC) leading gains on the sub-index. Earlier this week, Westpac reopened Australia's big banks bond-market taps for the first time in more than a year, with a $2.75 billion deal that also marked their first use of a non-USD Libor benchmark rate to price the debt.