You are watching ‘Go Green with Kalkine’. Today we are going to discuss Australia’s stance on solar energy and why this form of renewable energy is significant
• The radiation that the sun emits provides heat and light by fusing hydrogen into helium at its core.
• solar energy is one of the most important forms of renewable energy because it is a vastly available clean energy resource. So, can you imagine how useful it can be and how much of it we have missed utilising?
• The prerogative now should be to see how to install and embed efficient solar power plants into different business realms to convert the radiation into useful energy. Once this is done, then the fuel is free for life.
• According to the US Department of Energy, the amount of radiation received by Earth’s surface in an hour and a half can provide energy to the entire world for at least a year.
• This energy could be used for several commercial and industrial purposes without causing harm to the environment. Let us now move to decoding Australia’s relationship with solar energy-
• As many of you know, Australia receives the highest solar radiation per square metre.
• Naturally, the continent is one of the best places for solar energy resources.
• So much so, the amount of solar radiation that Australia receives is 10 thousand times higher than its total energy consumption. On an average, it receives 58 million petajoule of solar radiation.