The programme sheds light on the news that matters to the Australians. Know latest news on property, lifestyle and sports, healthcare and other important areas in this segment. Watch The News Beyond Markets on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• The Delta variant of the coronavirus has now become a serious cause of concern across Australia with the case load rising daily. New South Wales, reported 112 locally acquired cases of COVID-19. This is the biggest daily rise in NSW for 2021.
• New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian flagged the expectation that the lockdown would be extended beyond the planned end date of July 16.
• Italy claimed the Euro 2020 trophy after a dramatic penalty shootout. The victory is Italy’s first Euro win since 1968 . Italy beat England 3-2 on penalties after the match ended 1-1 following extra time to secure their second European Championship title.
• The Australian Rugby League Commission or the ARLC announced that twelve National Rugby League or NRL clubs will relocate to three Queensland hubs for at least one month to ensure the competition continues.
• Ash Barty's Wimbledon win on Saturday made her more emotional than her own triumph at the grass court major 50 years ago. Barty was a woman on a mission at Wimbledon this year and emulated Goolagong, with whom she shares indigenous Australian heritage, by beating Karolina Pliskova 6-3 6-7(4) 6-3 in the final.
• Novak Djokovic won 20th grand slam title by defeating Italy Matteo Berretinni in the Wimbeldon final on Sunday.