The programme sheds light on the news that matters to the Australians. Know latest news on property, lifestyle and sports, healthcare and other important areas in this segment. Watch The News Beyond Markets on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Victoria reported 13 locally acquired COVID-19 cases and of the new cases, 12 have been linked to the current outbreak while one is under investigation. Victorian authorities said that a five-day snap lockdown imposed to slow the spread of the highly infectious Delta variant would be extended beyond Tuesday.
• Qatar has allowed for the standard vaccine coverage with Sinopharm only conditionally approved. In Qatar visitors can enter but will undergo RT-PCR test and quarantine for all other vaccines.
• The WHO has already advocated for the travelers inoculated with the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines, the WHO has now also given the green light to the two Chinese jabs, made by Sinovac and Sinopharm.
• Buy Now Pay Later giant – Afterpay is set to widen its offerings beyond the BNPL services. Afterpay will now launch its banking app in October. The new app, called 'Money by Afterpay', is now being tested by the company’s Australian staff.
• PayPal Holdings is looking to challenge Afterpay's dominance in Australia, while the Commonwealth Bank will soon launch its own buy BNPL service.