In today’s show we are going to take a look at some of the major corporations investing in crypto, delve a little into the launch of Ethereum 2.0
• Ethereum the second largest crypto in market cap, knows how to move itself out of Bitcoin’s shadow, also under the spotlight with some major changes due in the launch of Ethereum 2.0. This will now enable significantly faster, more cost effective and provide an ability to stake ETH helping to ensure more security to the network.
• If you are looking to find Australian company’s benefiting from investing in cryptocurrency take a closer look at Fatfish Group Ltd, Pendal Group and Ookami Ltd.
• Microstrategy’s CEO Michael Saylor let the dam waters loose, fueling interest in the elusive internet currency as an investment when the cloud software company bought $425 million of Bitcoin in late 2020.
• Galaxy is known to be the company with the largest holdings of Bitcoin within the crypto industry, reportedly it’s investments are worth just over $522 million.
• Square has Bitcoin investment as a firm strategy on their balance sheet and has been reported to own $255 million worth of the internet asset.
• The CryptoSpend app was developed by two mates who met at the University of Technology Sydney. The co-founders, Andrew Grech and Richard Voice, convinced Visa to issue the crypto card based on the belief that crypto holders would happily spend their digital currency on goods and services if they were allowed to do so.