- Emerging lithium producer Sayona Mining plans to launch its significant drilling program partnering with SOQUEM.
- The drilling program is expected to commence in February 2022.
- SOQUEM Inc. will act as the project operator, which holds a 40% stake in Moblan project.
Emerging lithium producer Sayona Mining Limited (ASX:SYA) is launching a significant drilling program in partnership with SOQUEM Inc. at the Moblan Lithium project in North Quebec. The partnership aims to expand company’s lithium resource base.
The drilling program is expected to commence in February 2022, consisting of 55 drill holes totalling around 9000 metres, adding to the company’s other planned projects.
As per the partnership, SOQUEM Inc. will act as the project operator, holding a 40% stake in the Moblan project, with SYA holding the remaining 60% of the project.
Key highlights –
- The Moblan project is about 100 kilometres north of Chibougamau and 85 kilometres from First Nations.
- The company intends to investigate the shallow and lateral extension of pre-defined deposits over a length of 1.5 km, remaining open in all directions.
- SYA also intends to test the Moleon areas as well as other spodumene pegmatite dykes that were previously explored.
Sayona is an emerging lithium producer with projects in Quebec, Western Australia, and Canada.
Having just completed the Moblan investment in mid-October, the company is rapidly progressing while expanding its resource, where the new partnership adds to the spirit.