- New South Wales (NSW) Health is additionally expanding patient access to the Lymphoedema Prevention Program (Program), notified ImpediMed Limited (ASX:IPD).
- This uses the SOZO® Digital Health Platform and involves the purchase of 25 additional SOZO® units.
- SOZO® is the most advanced, noninvasive bioimpedance spectroscopy (BIS) device that delivers a precise snapshot of tissue composition and fluid status in less than 30 seconds.
- It uses ImpediMed’s BIS technology to measure 256 unique data points over a broad spectrum of frequencies from 3 kHz to 1000 kHz.
- NSW Health is one of the largest providers of the SOZO® Digital Health Platform in Australia, with over 45 units purchased to date.
- The Program utilises ImpediMed's Test, Trigger, Treat™ protocol to perceive and intercede in cancer-related lymphoedema.
“Program expansion with existing customers is a critical aspect of our growth strategy in the coming quarters”, says Richard Carreon, Managing Director and CEO of ImpediMed Limited.
In a significant partnership update with NSW Health, ImpediMed notified that NSW Health is further expanding patient access to its Lymphoedema Prevention Program using the SOZO® Digital Health Platform through the purchase of 25 additional SOZO® units.
This ASX market update seemed to have garnered investors’ interest. Post soaring by over 3% to $ 0.096 yesterday, IPD shares traded 14.6% up to $0.110 during early trade hours on 17 November.
ImpediMed Limited (ASX:IPD) is a medical technology company that uses bioimpedance spectroscopy (BIS) technology to create powerful data to maximise patient health.
ImpediMed & NSW Health Partnership Expansion
In April 2020, ImpediMed announced the purchase of eight additional SOZO® units. Five such devices were deployed in NSW Health’s Western NSW Local Health District. Post the successful implementation of the Lymphoedema Prevention Program, NSW Health is likely to use the new devices to further expand patient access in metropolitan as well as rural areas.
Notably, at present, NSW Health is one of the largest providers of the SOZO® Digital Health Platform in Australia, with more than 45 units purchased to date.
READ ABOUT IMPEDIMED & ASTRAZENECA’S SECOND CONTRACT HERE
Acquainting with NSW Health
NSW Health is committed to offering access to lymphoedema prevention programs to as many patients as possible and seem to be an impeccable partner to ImpediMed.
The Lymphoedema Prevention Program
The key aim of the Program is to educate healthcare providers and patients that with the proper protocols in place, lymphoedema can be detected as well as managed before becoming a debilitating chronic condition.
The Program utilises ImpediMed's Test, Trigger, Treat™ protocol for prompt discovery and intervention of cancer-linked lymphoedema. Routine lymphoedema testing of cancer fighters makes use of ImpediMed’s SOZO® device with BIS (LDex®) technology.
A noteworthy upsurge in a patient's L-Dex score is a trigger to assess the patient and initiate intervention. ImpediMed's PREVENT Trial is the biggest multi-site, randomised controlled trial that has been ever performed to study lymphoedema prevention, according to the Company. So much so, the protocol resulted in a 95% reduction in lymphoedema progression at one year.
SOZO® Digital Health Platform
SOZO® is an FDA-cleared, CE-marked and ARTG-listed digital health platform. It delivers an accurate snapshot of fluid status as well as tissue composition in under 30 seconds. It measures 256 unique data points over a widespread spectrum of frequencies that range from 3 kHz to 1000 kHz. Results are immediately available online, facilitating easy data access and sharing across an entire healthcare system.
SOZO® supports early detection of secondary lymphoedema. It also provides fluid status for patients living with heart failure. Besides, it can be used to monitor and maintain overall health- entirely on a single device.