- Name and code change of iSentric Limited (ASX:ICU) to IOUpay Limited and IOU, respectively, became effective on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- IOUpay Limited boasts a highly competent leadership team, with strong background and immense experience.
- Being a digital commerce software and service provider, the Company has witnessed significant business traction amid the pandemic. The stock has delivered a whooping return of 1400% in the year-to-date period, as on 6 October 2020.
- The Company already processes 18 million plus mobile banking and payment transactions every month for Malaysia’s top 20 banks and major telcos and corporations in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Company name of ASX-listed fintech player iSentric Limited (ASX:ICU) has been changed to IOUpay Limited, post shareholder approval. The new company name and the new ASX listing code, IOU also became effective on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Being a digital commerce software and service provider, the Company has been experiencing business traction amid the pandemic, which has boosted the need for digital payments. The stock of the Company has delivered a whooping return of 1400% in the year-to-date period, as on 6 October 2020.
Having said that, let us acquaint ourselves with the leadership team at IOUpay Limited, who are leaving no stones unturned to ensure that the Company capitalise on growing demand and new market opportunities in the e-commerce and online payments space.
Lee Chin Wee, Interim Chairman and Executive Director
Appointed on 8 September 2014, Mr Lee Chin Wee is a founding director of the Company. He was appointed Interim Executive Chairman on 8 July 2020. Apart from Executive Chairman responsibilities, Mr Wee is also fulfilling CEO responsibilities for Singapore, Indonesia, and Myanmar business activities.
Mr Wee has over 20 years of experience in financial technology with specialisation in development of digital payment platforms and operations across South East Asia.
Previously, he served as a Business Consultant at Accenture, focusing on telecommunications billing systems, revenue assurance, and product development. He has experience in marketing as well as business development.
Mr Wee is proactive in targeting growth with existing customers and establishing new customers and partners for the Company. He has been instrumental in providing an overall company strategic direction, managing operations, and bring in profitability and sustainable growth to the Company.
Kwong Yang Chong, Independent Non-Executive Director
Appointed on 8 September 2014, Mr Kwong Yang Chong has considerable experience in finance and accounting. He is a member of CPA Australia. His relevant experience includes:
- 10-year tenure as Audit Manager at Ernst & Young
- 10 years’ experience as Financial Controller of a renowned Malaysian commercial advertisement production group
- Five-year experience from 2009 to 2014 as Corporate Finance Manager at Eaton Industries Australia, part of Eaton Corporation, a US-based listed Fortune 500 company
- Approximately five-year experience from 2015 to Jan 2020 as Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Donaco International Ltd (an ASX listed company)
Andrew Bristow, Non-Executive Director
On 8 July 2020, Andrew Bristow was appointed to the Company’s Board of Directors as a Non-Executive Director. Mr Bristow has over 35 years’ experience as a corporate lawyer. He specialises in corporate and commercial law, with focus on IPOs and capital raising programs for both listed and unlisted entities.
Raymond Hor, Non-Executive Director
Raymond Hor is a Non-Executive Director with IOUpay Limited since 23 June 2015. He is a seasoned entrepreneur with an experience of over 17 years in the TMT industry across the Asian region. His work tenure provided him with systems engineering, R&D, sales, marketing, and corporate development experience.
Jarrod White, Company Secretary
On 8 July 2020, Jarrod White was appointed as Company Secretary. He has been the founding Director of Sydney-based Traverse Accountants Pty Ltd (Traverse). Along with his corporate advisory roles and responsibilities at Traverse, Mr White has been associated as Company Secretary and CFO at various other ASX-listed entities. He is a Chartered Accountant and has extensive knowledge of corporate governance and compliance.
Solid businesses are built on the foundation of an effective and competent leadership team. All in all, IOUpay Limited boasts a highly competent leadership team, which has been taking judicious decisions for the Company. The team is guiding IOUpay Limited towards exploiting significant growth opportunities present for the Company, which already processes 18 million plus mobile banking and payment transactions every month for Malaysia’s top 20 banks and major telcos and corporations in Malaysia and Indonesia.