Source: imagevixen, Shutterstock
- The diamond drilling program began in mid-February and currently, nears the completion of the 1,200m campaign.
- The initial assay results recorded 3.1m intersection with 11.6 g/t gold at the second drill hole (SNDDH002). Additional results of the Screen Fire assay technique is pending and will highlight the potential coarse gold component.
- The diamond drilling program focuses on mineralised trends that were identified from surface mapping and rock chip sampling program during late 2020.
First Au Limited (ASX:FAU) has received promising initial assay results from the drilling campaign at the Snowstorm project in the eastern Victorian Goldfields. The 1,200m diamond drilling campaign, which began at the Snowstorm project in mid-February, is currently close to completion.
Mineralised Diamond core samples with from the drill hole SNDDH002 Source: First Au Limited Company Announcement 7 April 2021
The preliminary assay results for some of the mineralised intervals have been achieved using Fire Assaying, while the company is yet to receive further outcomes from Screen Fire Assaying for potential coarse gold.
In the ongoing campaign, diamond drill holes are focussing on mineralised trends that were identified from surface mapping and rock chip sampling program during late 2020.
N-S section displaying SNDDH002 & SNDDH005 drill holes Source: First Au Limited Company Announcement 7 April 2021
The second hole (SNDDH002) at the Snowstorm prospect (EL5505) intersected the mineralisation from 53.3m, with 3.1m @ 11.6 g/t Au, including 0.8m @33 g/t Au. The drill holes (SNDDH002 and SNDDH005) targeted steep south dipping mineralised trends.
The initial results of the partial hole assays (SNDDH005) include the following –
- 2.2m @ 1.12 g/t Au from 16m
- 3.4m @ 2.56 g/t Au from 18.8m including:
- 1m @ 2.62 g/t Au
- 1m @ 5.24 g/t Au from 20.8m
As per the company’s geological team, the diamond drilling program is expected to wrap up by late April 2021 and the pending results will be released thereafter. The assay results for the remaining samples of SNDD002 and SNDD005 are still pending.
Drilling Collar at the EL5505 tenement (Snowstorm Project) Source: First Au Limited Company Announcement 7 April 2021
Snowstorm Prospect: First Au’s Snowstorm Prospect lies in the historic Swifts Creek Goldfields of the East Gippsland region. The prospect has historically produced (1845-1926) over 100,000 ounces of gold. The mining centres may produce ores with over an ounce of gold for a tonne of ore.
The historical exploration data recorded mineralised intersections with gold grades above 35 g/t gold and mullock samples up to 123 g/t. The Snowstorm project is located just 15 km north of the FAU’s Haunted Stream project. The Snowstorm Prospect hosts the same Ordovician-aged rocks as the Haunted Stream prospect and includes gold mineralisation with walk up drill targets.