Source: ESB Professional, Shutterstock
- Dubber has expanded its Unified Call Recording presence with global accessibility of Dubber with Zoom’s video-first unified communications platform.
- Dubber with Zoom would allow reliable Unified Call Recording and Voice AI for businesses.
- The Company’s shares touched an all-time high in the morning session following the announcement.
Leading cloud-based call recording and voice AI company Dubber Corporation Limited (ASX:DUB) has expanded its Unified Call Recording presence with the availability of Dubber with Zoom Video Communications’ (NASDAQ:ZM) video-first unified communications platform.
Dubber extends his Call Recording Services with Zoom (Source: © Ostapenkoolena| Megapixl.com)
Through Dubber Unified Call Recording with Zoom, companies of different size can record calls for all operators. Once Dubber absorbs the recordings, the companies can then improve the material with the help of AI delivering transcriptions, sentiment information, real-time search and so on.
The Company’s solution includes service provider networks, Zoom as well as other communications solutions allowing Enterprise and Government to consolidate all conversation records and insights in the Dubber Voice Intelligence Cloud.
Following the update, DUB shares surged on the ASX, hitting an all-time high of AU$2.160 in the morning session. At AEST 2:22 PM, the shares were trading 4.591% higher at AU$2.050. The Company has a market capitalisation of AU$501.31 million.
INTERESTING READ: Dubber's Outstanding Q2 Numbers Keep It on Growth Trajectory
Growing demand for unified communications solution
In the present times, conversational intelligence softwares are widely used. People now are looking for robust, time-saving software solutions that offer interaction, web usage and screenshots.
Unified Call Recording with Zoom shows how people or employees of an organisation works in the present times from any location and device.
More than 150 international telecom carriers have chosen Dubber as the recording & data capture platform for their networks. Some of these major carriers include Vocus (ASX:VOC), Optus, Telstra (ASX:TLS), Vodafone (LON:VOD), AT&T (NYSE:T) and Salesforce (NYSE:CRM).
Amid the pandemic, many individuals and corporations welcomed Zoom with open arms as an essential component of their business & communication infrastructure.
Dubber also highlighted that its carrier partners have also started developing plans for Zoom Phone to support unified management of recordings and voice data across several networks and solutions. Once this is achieved, Dubber would have multiple opportunities to offer improved recording and voice analytics to Zoom Meeting and Zoom Phone users who enable the integration.
Dubber’s cloud-based Unified Call Recording solution, combined with Zoom, would help a wide range of companies to unlock the value of conversations via voice data. Some of the key capabilities include:
- Availability in Zoom App Marketplace.
- Dubber centralises the Zoom Phone and Zoom Meeting data on cloud recordings.
- Dubber, when enabled with Zoom App Marketplace, the cloud recording gets ingested from Zoom, the data is stored centrally. It would protect them for compliance reasons whilst making audio and voice data accessible to users & additional business uses.
- DUB AI users can derive advantages from AI-powered transcriptions, sentiment, sound, notices, and alarms enhancing their Zoom recordings.