- Telecom services provider Uniti Group achieved a significant milestone by becoming a part of the ASX 200 index within three years of its ASX debut.
- Piedmont Lithium reported a 40% increase in mineral resource estimates.
- Worley signed a services deal with Parkland Refining for its strategic projects at the Burnaby refinery in British Columbia.
- Bigtincan signed a definitive agreement to acquire Vidinoti.
- Japara Healthcare received a conditional, non-binding and indicative proposal from RSL Care RDNS Limited to procure 100% of the shares in Japara.
ASX 200 has over 2,000 listed companies. S&P/ASX 200 delivered a YTD growth of ~11%, driven by the performance of the top 200 companies included in the index. Many companies other than these top 200 companies also made significant progress in June 2021. Thus, gaining huge market attention during the month.
The benchmark index S&P/ASX 200, home to the top 200 companies on the ASX, has had a solid first half with YTD returns of ~11%. The Australian market, in general, has performed reasonably, aided by robust performance from small to large organisations.
Source: Refinitiv Eikon
This article will walk you through five ASX listed stocks that made significant progress during the month.
Uniti Group Limited (ASX:UWL)
Uniti Group Limited, the diversified provider of telecom services, delivered a YTD growth of ~92.6% and ~12.71% in the last month. The Company listed on the ASX on 13 February 2019 and has progressed significantly since its debut. The Group was admitted to ASX 200 index in the June quarterly index, less than three years since its listing.
The Company’s constant growth was improved by digital app evolution, a bolstering property market, increasing demand for speed & data, near-infinite fibre technology capacity, along with projected retail price inflation.
Piedmont Lithium (ASX:PLL)
Piedmont Lithium is into developing a world-class integrated lithium business in the US. PLL shares have delivered a YTD return of 154.04% and ~14% in the last month. In June 2021, the Company released three important developments, incuding:
- On 8 June 2021, Sayona Mining Limited (ASX:SYA) completed the final phase in its strategic alliance agreement with PLL. On 11 January 2021, PLL subscribed for US$5 million worth of shares in SYA to acquire 25% interest in SYA’s Canadian subsidiary. SYA would use these funds to advance its growth plans in Québec. It includes flagship interest in Authier Lithium Project.
- On 9 June 2021, PLL provided an update related to an increase in the mineral resource estimates by 40%. Based on the market analysis, PLL highlighted a greater potential demand for PLL industrial mineral products than previous projections. It has progressed its discussion with prospective regional customers and strategic partners in solar glass, engineered quartz, ceramic tiles etc.
- On 10 June 2021, PLL provided the results of an updated scoping study for its planned integrated lithium hydroxide business in Gaston Country, North Carolina. The study confirmed that Carolina Lithium would be amongst the largest low-cost producer of lithium hydroxide in the world.
Worley Limited (ASX:WOR)
Worley Limited, the provider of professional project & asset services in the energy, chemicals & resources sectors, noted a marginal YTD growth. However, the shares grew by ~12.6% in the last month.
On 17 June 2021, Worley obtained services deal with Parkland Refining for its strategic projects at the Burnaby refinery in British Columbia, Canada. In this deal, the Company would offer consulting, engineering, procurement, construction management and commissioning services to assist the planned projects at the Burnaby refinery.
Source: © Ronstik | Megapixl.com
- Worley (ASX:WOR) gains substantially on robust outlook
- Latest guidance stories: Worley Limited (ASX:WOR) & SEEK Limited (ASX:SEK)
On the same day, the Company provided an update that Koch Project Solutions awarded Worley a services contract for a new renewable fuels plant called Carbon Zero 1.
Bigtincan Holdings Limited (ASX:BTH)
Bigtincan Holdings, the provider of enterprise mobility software, witnessed marginal growth in the shares. However, in the last month, the shares delivered growth of ~8.3%.
On 17 June 2021, Bigtincan entered into a definitive deal to purchase Vidinoti SA for AU$770,000. Vidinoti SA is a leader in AR and VR systems from Fribourg, Switzerland. The acquisition would add to BTH’s objective of making the Buying Experience of the Future for the world’s top Enterprise Clients.
The Company achieved AU$53 million in Annualized Recurring Revenue (ARR). The number exceeded the previous guidance of FY2021 ARR to be at the upper end of AU$49 million to AU$53 million.
Japara Healthcare Limited (ASX:JHC)
Japara Healthcare Limited, the owner, operator, and developer of residential aged care homes, reported an outstanding YTD growth of 111.29%. In the last month, the shares delivered growth of 18.55%.
On 15 June 2021, the Company updated that it got a conditional, non-binding and indicative offer from RSL Care RDNS Limited to purchase 100% of the shares in Japara via Scheme of Arrangement.
RSL Care RDNS Limited is a part of the not-for-profit provider of retirement living, home care & residential aged care, Bolton Clarke Group.
Under the Bolton Clarke Indicative Proposal, the indicative cash price offered was AU$1.22 per share.