- Beacon Lighting has reported strong sales for 26 weeks ended 27 December 2020.
- The group sales would range from A$147 million to A$152 million.
- NPAT for the period would lie in between A$19.5 million to A$21.5 million.
On 16 December 2020, Beacon Lighting Group Limited (ASX: BLX) announced its sales and net profit after tax (NPAT) guidance for 26 weeks ended 27 December 2020.
Founded in 1967, Beacon Lighting Group Limited is recognised as the top retailer of ceiling fans, lighting & light globes in the country. It offers its clients several products with knowledge, service, and opinion.
The Company highlighted that during the first half of FY2021, the retail trading environments were supportive of the sales for Beacon Lighting stores. The strong sales performance year to date was the outcome of the improved store, online and trade traffic. Further, Beacon International sales were also pleasing for the Company.
Despite the prevailing market situation, the Company has shared its guidance for 26 weeks ended 27 December 2020.
The group sales would range from A$147 million to A$152 million, which was A$122.5 million in the previous corresponding period. Further, NPAT for the period would lie in the range of A$19.5 million and A$21.5 million.
Trading Update for Q1 FY2021:
On 16 October 2020, Beacon Lighting Group provide a trading update for Q1 FY2021 ended 30 September 2020 based on unaudited management accounts. Beacon Lighting highlighted that the retail trading environments were because of the lighting & the fan product categories. Apart from the Melbourne region, the trading conditions were quite well.
During Q1 GU2021, the company witnessed:
- Growth in Group sales by 24.3%.
- Improvement in the Company stores’ comparative sales by 37.6% (excluding Melbourne stores).
- After including Melbourne stores, the comparable sales increased by 26.6%.
- Online sales growth by 156%.
- International sales increased by 42%.
- The underlying net profit after tax, excluding Beacon Energy Solutions increased from A$2.2 million to A$8.4 million.
At AEDT 11:54 AM on 16 December 2020, BLX shares are trading at A$1.535, up 8.098% from the previous close.