- WHSP and GrainCorp would soon be paying a dividend in December 2020. Despite pandemic blues driving many players to slash dividends
- WHSP has consistently paid its shareholders with dividend since getting listed and in FY2020 declared a dividend of 60 cents. The final dividend of 35 cents would be paid on 14 December 2020.
- GrainCorp announced a total dividend of 7 cents in FY2020 which would be paid on 10 December 2020.
Amid the COVID-19 chaos, while many ASX-listed companies slashed their dividends, investors were attracted towards the companies that continued to pay dividends. Let’s take a look at the two companies which would be paying dividend during November 2020.
Washington H Soul Pattinson & Company Limited (ASX:SOL)
Washington H Soul Pattinson & Company Limited would be providing a fully franked final dividend of A$0.35 per share to its shareholders, taking the total dividend for FY2020 to 60 cents. The final dividend is payable on 14 December 2020.
Washington H Soul Pattinson & Company Limited (WHSP) is the second oldest listed Company on ASX and operates as an investment house. It has consistently provided its shareholders with dividend across industries such as telecom, building products, mining, equities, pharma, property and financial services. The dividends have grown up at a CAGR of 9.2% for 20 years.
FY2020 Key Highlights:
- Group Regular Profit after tax dropped 44.7% to A$169.8 million.
- Group Statutory Profit after tax improved significantly by 284.3% to A$953 million.
- Net cash flows from investments grew up by 48.8% to A$252.3 million.
- The final dividend of 35 cents declared by the Company, up 2.9% from the previous corresponding period.
0n 17 November 2020, SOL shares were trading at A$27.67 at AEDT 11:40 AM, down 0.931% from the previous close. SOL recorded a market cap of A$6.68 billion and has an annual dividend yield of 2.14%.
GrainCorp Limited (ASX:GNC)
On 12 November 2020, GrainCorp Limited announced providing a full year 100% franked dividend of A$0.07 per share to its shareholders to be payable on 10 December 2020.
GrainCorp Limited is into the business of integrated grain and edible oils and has a market-leading presence on the East Coast of Australia. It is the largest grain storage and handling business in this region. Also, GrainCorp is a top oil processor and oilseed crusher in the ANZ region.
Key Highlights of FY2020:
- Underlying EBITDA for continuing operations which was A$107 million in FY2019 improved to A$108 million.
- Experienced a A$16 million loss in underlying NPAT for continuing operations
- Statutory NPAT for the period was A$343 million.
- In FY2019, the Company did not provide any dividend. However, in FY2020, it is providing a dividend of 7 cents.
On 17 November 2020, GNC shares were trading at A$4.410 at AEDT 12:00 PM, down 0.899% from its previous close. GrainCorp recorded a market cap of A$1.01 billion and an annual dividend yield of 1.57%.