- The ASX 200 benchmark is a home to wide range of shares from food and technology to infrastructure.
- Usually, kids are the most left behind, when it comes to share market for obvious reasons, but their parents can still gift them some high performing stocks.
ASX 200 houses a wide range of stocks that can prove to be a gold mine for the kids. Hence, parents looking for wealth accumulation to support their children should invest in stocks that represent stable operations and operating in a growing industry.
In this article, let’s have a quick look at a few ASX shares that a parent can gift kids for Christmas 2021.
We have filtered some high-performing stocks based on various parameters like the stock performance over the last 12 months, YTD returns, and the company’s financial performance.
Source: ASX, analytics based on 22 October 2021 Closing Price
Red Hill Iron Limited (ASX:RHI)
The ASX listed Red Hill Iron is an Australian iron ore exploration company. According to Red Hill’s FY21 financial report for the period ended on 30 June 2021 –
- The revenue from continuing operations stood at AU$1,419, 162% down from FY2020.
- Cash and cash equivalents stood at AU$92,029 and the cash flows from the operating activities increased to AU$559,138 from AU$521,745 in FY2020.
5 ASX shares parents can gift kids for Christmas 2021
As the stock has gained over 1000% this year, the scrip will likely to deliver huge returns in the upcoming period.
Sparc Technologies Limited (ASX:SPN)
Sparc Technologies is an ASX listed graphene technology firm with a market cap of AU$52.20 million. As per its FY21 annual report –
- The cash and cash equivalents stood at AU$2.93 million from AU$53,995 in FY2020 for the year ended on 30 June 2021.
- Group’s cash flows from operating activities increased to AU$2.36 million, up 269% from the prior year.
Sparc has maintained a strong financial position during FY21 along with stock performance. The share is likely to deliver stable returns in the upcoming time.
Life360 Inc. (ASX:360)
With a market cap of AU$1.42 billion, Life360 operates as global location-based services applications for the consumers. As per its FY21 half year results released in late August –
- The company reported strong revenue growth supported by direct revenue for CY21 H1 US$48 million.
- Group’s statutory underlying earnings before interests, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) also increased by 46% to US$10.7 million.
Supported by huge direct revenue, Life360 stands among one of the top preferred choices. Also, the company expects its annualised monthly revenue to grow in the range of AU$120-AU$125 million by December 2021.
Brickworks Limited (ASX:BKW)
Brickworks Limited is an ASX listed infrastructure company with a market worth of AU$3.58 billion. As per its FY21 full year results released in September –
- Brickworks reported a record net profit after tax (NPAT) from continuing operations of AU$285 million, up 95% from FY2020.
- The underlying EBITDA stood at AU$97 million, up 7% from the prior year.
BKW’s asset value has increased by 149% over the last ten years, and its recent merger with WHSP is likely to deliver a profit in the range of AU$375 – AU$435 million. Hence, this scrip is expected to provide lucrative returns in the future.
Image Source © Rido | Megapixl.com
Washington H Soul Pattinson & Company Limited (ASX:SOL)
Washington H Soul Pattinson & Company Limited is an ASX listed investment holding company. According to WHSP’s FY21 results.
- The Group’s net asset value increased by 12% that stood at AU$5.8 billion.
- Group’s regular profit after tax stood at AU$328.1 million, up 93% from the prior year.
WHSP has delivered total shareholder return of 1,140% over the last 20 years, outperforming the market by 4.7% per annum. Also, after recently announced merger with Milton Corporation, the company anticipates increased sales along with liquidity and diversification.