- Spacetalk has commenced selling the Spacetalk Kids smartphone watch through Woolworths Mobile.
- Woolworths Mobile has launched a bundled offer (prepaid plan with the Spacetalk device) which is exceptional value and simplifies the customer experience
- Woolworths Mobile represents a potentially significant new distribution channel for the Company, with marketing to the base of Woolworths Group touching most Australian households
- Following the important update, Spacetalk shares surged on the were trading 12.9% higher at AU$0.175 (at 2:29 PM AEST).
In an exciting collaboration, Spacetalk Ltd. (ASX:SPA) has teamed up with the Woolworths Mobile to sell its original Kids smartphone watches.
The Woolworths Mobile bundle (device + prepaid plan) created specifically for Spacetalk will not only makes the purchase of Spacetalk’s Kids smartphone watch cheaper, but also provides a discount off the price of everyday groceries.
Woolworths Mobile represents a potentially vast new distribution channel for Spacetalk devices. As part of Australia’s largest supermarket group, with roughly 33% share of the Australian grocery market and most Australian households as customers (typical households shop at more than one chain), access to Woolworths distribution and marketing should drive significant sales for Spacetalk.
Bundled offering for Spacetalk customers on Woolworths Mobile
The bundle (device + prepaid plan) offer will see Woolworths Mobile customers get a 5% discount on the device recommended retail price (RRP) of the Spacetalk Kids smartphone watch when they bundle it with a Woolworths Mobile prepaid plan worth AU$20 or above.
Furthermore, the customers will also be eligible for a 10% discount on their grocery shopping once every month as a Woolworths Mobile and Everyday Rewards customer.
As part of this go-to-market strategy, Spacetalk will feature in several marketing materials across the Woolworths Group and Everyday Rewards base. SPA would be a part of SMS campaigns to the Woolworths Mobile base and eDMs for the Everyday Rewards base.
Woolworths Mobile in a nutshell
- Woolworths Mobile is an MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) and the leading retail telecommunications offering of the Woolworths Group.
- As an MVNO, Woolworths Mobile utilises Telstra Mobile Network parts covering over 97.9% of the population with 4G and 98.8% of the population with 3G.
MVNOs form a significant part of the global mobile phone industry. They are gradually gaining market share by targeting more affordable and flexible offerings, achieving this by purchasing minutes, messages, and data at wholesale prices, but not operating the network infrastructure or retail stores.
James McMurrough, Head of Woolworths Mobile, said-
Mark Fortunatow, CEO of Spacetalk, added-
The Woolworths Group partnership is a crucial step for the Company’s growth as it will expand Spacetalk’s distribution reach and boost brand awareness across all the consumer channels of the Woolworths Group.
On 17 June 2021, SPA shares were trading at AU$0.175, up 12.903% at AEST 2:29 PM AEST.
To know more about Spacetalk Ltd., click here.