Centuria Industrial REIT (ASX: CIP) Rejects Propertylink’s Acquisition Bid

  • Oct 03, 2018 AEST
  • Team Kalkine
Centuria Industrial REIT (ASX: CIP) Rejects Propertylink’s Acquisition Bid

In an announcement to ASX, Centuria Industrial REIT said that the Independent Board Committee (IBC) of its entity Centuria Property Funds No. 2 Limited (CPF2L) has refused the takeover proposal of Propertylink Group (ASX: PLG).

The offer was received by CIP on 13 September 2018, under which Australian Real Estate Investment Trust Propertylink Group proposed to acquire all outstanding CIP unit via an off-market takeover at a premium price of $3.04 per CIP unit. As per the non-binding proposal, PLG offered an exchange ratio of 2.5327 PLG stapled securities for every 1 unit of CIP which comprises of 90% of purchase consideration. Whereas remaining 10% of the consideration was proposed to be paid in cash with $0.33 per CIP unit.

But later, on 2nd October 2018, Matthew Hardy led CPF2L’s committee decided not to accept the acquisition bid offered by Propertylink Group due to uncertainty hovering around the future value of PLG securities. After a detailed analysis of the proposal, Independent Board Committee (IBC) concluded that pertaining to the material risk underpinned by ESR Real Estate (ESR) proposal to acquire the Propertylink Group, PLG bid is not in the best interest of the CIP unitholders.  

Besides the uncertainty associated with PLG’s future value, CIP’s largest unitholder Centuria Capital Group (CNI) publicly stated that it holds 22.9% of CIP units and intends not to accept the PLG proposal. The rationale for rejection further reads that prior to commencement of corporate activities in September 2017, PLF stapled securities did not trade higher than the IPO issue price. Further, the acceptance of proposal may reportedly change the fundamental nature of CIP unitholder’s investment which could potentially result into the increased volatility in earnings and possible future losses.

The share price of Centuria Industrial REIT continues to move up today. CIP’s stock has surged by 0.707% to last trade at $2.850 on 3rd October 2018. The stock has seen a performance change of +14.57% over the past one year while it recently traded at a PE of 6.970 x with market capitalization of $702.85 million.

Dividend Stocks To Buy

The Income available from dividends remains attractive for many investors.

We take a look at the best yields on the market and assess what they say about a company’s prospect.

One Thing is certain, though, Australia interest rates are still low, making income difficult to come by and keeping the focus for many investors on high yielding stocks. Kalkine’s team of analysts bought you handpicked report for “Top 25 Dividend Stocks For 2018.”

ASX-relevant Special Reports are published year-round to provide a detailed analysis into an investing opportunity or a potential risk to your portfolio.

Click here to get your free report.


The advice given by Kalkine Pty Ltd and provided on this website is general information only and it does not take into account your investment objectives, financial situation or needs. You should therefore consider whether the advice is appropriate to your investment objectives, financial situation and needs before acting upon it. You should seek advice from a financial adviser, stockbroker or other professional (including taxation and legal advice) as necessary before acting on any advice. Not all investments are appropriate for all people. Kalkinemedia.com and associated websites are published by Kalkine Pty Ltd ABN 34 154 808 312 (Australian Financial Services License Number 425376). website), employees and/or associates of Kalkine Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the stocks covered on the website. These stocks can change any time and readers of the reports should not consider these stocks as advice or recommendations.


All pictures are copyright to their respective owner(s).Kalkinemedia.com does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed on this website unless stated otherwise. Some of the images used on this website are taken from the web and are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source (public domain/CC0 status) to where it was found and indicated it below the image.


There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.

Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.

As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK