- Health insurance providers in Australia are offering incentives and bonuses to encourage members to sign up this month.
- With the incentives, health insurance funds are also giving waivers in waiting periods on Extras.
- The health funds are providing impressive deals and incentives for a limited period. So, if you are planning to buy a new healthcare policy, this could be the best time.
When choosing a health insurance policy, it is essential to consider the features and benefits that suit your requirements and preferences, as well as the cost of your premium. If you can find the right health insurance plan as per your needs with a sign-up deal included, it could be an added benefit.
Some health insurance providers in Australia are offering incentives and bonuses to encourage members to sign up from November.
Let us discuss five Australia based health insurance providers and their offers-
Kalkine Image (Data Source: Company Websites)
Medibank Private Limited
Australia’s leading health fund Medibank Private Limited (ASX:MPL) offers health insurance and runs through Medibank and ahm brands. With more than 40 years of experience, Medibank has a better idea of what health means for its 3.7 million members.
If you buy Medibank policy on eligible hospital & extras cover before 4 January 2021, you could obtain 30,000 or 15,000 Live Better Points for families or singles, respectively, to use at the Live Better Reward Store of Medicare. Addition to this, Medibank will waive 2&6 month waiting periods on extras.
- 15,000 Live Better Points for singles and single parents are equivalent to A$150 in gift cards.
- 30,000 Live Better Points for couples and families are equivalent to A$300 in gift cards.
Medibank is giving this offer to new members on new memberships who join and start eligible combined hospital and extras in between 2 November 2020 and 4 January 2021. The offer is applicable for those who have not held health cover from Medibank in the last two months. You can use the promo code: LIVEBETTER.
ahm Health Insurance
ahm health insurance is offering A$100 off on its premiums if you buy the plan between 29 October 2020 to 30 November 2020. The insurance provider is giving A$100 off for single parents, couples, and families, and A$50 off for singles.
- If a single parent, a couple, or a family joins, they will receive A$100 off on all hospital and extras package or combination products.
- If a single person joins, he or she will get A$50 off on all hospital and extras package or combination products.
The offer is applicable for new members who have not held ahm hospital or extras cover in the previous 30 days. New members must join and initiate an eligible policy for hospital and extras or combination cover on direct debit on or before 30 November 2020.
Few conditions of this offer are-
- It is available on direct debit only.
- You can avail the offer when you join via ahm.com.au, ahm phone or ahm live chat. Not available if you join via an aggregator.
- The offer is not available in conjunction with any third party offers.
- Not applicable for hospital only, ambulance only, extras only, or overseas student health cover.
- It cannot be redeemed for cash.
Health Insurance Fund of Australia Limited (HIF)
Multi-award winning health fund Health Insurance Fund of Australia Limited provided insurance for health, pet, and travel cover.
The health fund is offering a A$200 EFTPOS cash card for single parents, couples, and families and a A$100 EFTPOS cash card for singles.
For this promotion, the applicant must purchase a combined Hospital and Extras policy directly from HIF with a starting date in November 2020. You can avail this offer by mentioning the promo-code MYHIF at the time of joining.
The health fund stated that the offer is only valid to new HIF Memberships who buy any combined policy (Hospital & Extras) and choose to pay by Direct Debit.
Moreover, the insurer will waive waiting periods of 2-month on Extras! This offer is available till 30 November 2020 (11:59 PM AEDT).
Recently, HIF and Little Green Pharma (ASX:LGP) entered in a partnership to support medicinal cannabis access and research in Australia. With is, HIF is the first Australian health insurance provider to cover medicinal cannabis treatments.
nib Holdings Limited
ASX-listed health insurance company nib Holdings Limited (ASX:NHF) offers health and medical insurance to residents of Australia and New Zealand. The health fund also gives insurance to workers and international students in Australia.
nib is offering A$300 off for single parents, families, and couples; and A$150 off for singles. Additionally, the health fund will waive two and six-month waiting periods on extras when you take out an eligible combined hospital and extras policy.
This offer is only applicable to the permanent residents of Australia who are ≥18 years at the date of joining. The offer started on 01 November 2020 and closes on 30 November 2020 (11:59 PM AEDT).
Peoplecare Health Limited
Australia based health fund Peoplecare Health Limited is a not-for-profit health insurer that plays an active part in various industry associations and JVs, seeking to get the best for its members.
If you take up a hospital only or hospital and extras (combo) cover with Peoplecare, you will get a free A$100 EFTPOS gift card and 10% off your Extras premium (while you hold a combo cover).
This offer is valid for new members who join Peoplecare for the first time and buy a Hospital only or combo (Hospital and Extras) cover. The membership must be held for 60 days before the EFTPOS gift card being sent out.
If you do not have any health insurance policy and are planning to get one, now could be the best time as health insurers are offering a range of limited-period benefits to attract customers. However, you should have a clear understanding of your requirements and not be lured by a policy just because of short-term incentives.