Advancing under the guidance of CEO and wine enthusiast, Mr Dean Taylor, who is one of the TOP 50 People in E-commerce and a renowned start-up expert, Digital Wine Ventures (ASX: DW8) is gaining ample business and investor traction while working on its objective of digitally transforming the global wine industry. The company is efficiently backed by key partnerships and competent management. With its robust pipeline of customers, this emerging technology company is one of the hottest stocks in the consumer discretionary space of ASX.
DW8 primarily aims to identify and invest in early-stage tech-driven projects, capable of disrupting and digitally transforming the segments of the global beverage market in which they operate. The company provides access to capital, expertise, rich industry relationships and shared services.
December began with a vital Board enhancement, with Non-Executive Director Mr Paul Evans accepting the role of Non-Executive Chairman (effective 6 December 2019).
WINEDEPOT â The Cloud-Based Technology Platform
The companyâs cornerstone investment, WINEDEPOT is a cloud-based SaaS platform, which was launched over 3 months ago at the Wine Industry IMPACT Conference.
Key Benefits of the platform are:
- Connects key wine industry stakeholders using technology.
- Has a vertically integrated trading, order management and logistics solution.
- Focuses on reducing costs and administration.
- Helps both suppliers and retailers increase direct-to-consumer (DTC) and online sales by offering a same and or next day delivery service.
WINEDEPOT Processes 1,200+ Orders In A Day
On 11 December 2019, DW8 announced that WINEDEPOT finally had its first 1,000+ orders in a day, since its launch in September 2019. More than 1,200 orders flowed after a customer ran a promotion through a major online retailersâ website.
Mr Taylor is happy with the way the technology platform held up and acknowledges this order processing to be a key milestone for the business. The volume of orders being processed via the platform compounds from growth in products, suppliers and active sales channels.
The platform did uncover a couple of bugs and some areas for improvement in the processing, but the system and its supporting infrastructure coped well under the load. The efficient processing of this volume of orders demonstrates WINEDEPOTâs potential to support online retailers. Moreover, it indicates that the platform has the ability to handle the much larger volumes (over a short period of time) that DW8 expects its customers to generate in due course and continue to offer access to a same and or next day delivery service.
WINEDEPOTâs Robust Customer List
Conferred that WINEDEPOT has attained a recent milestone of over 1,200 orders in a single day, let us browse through the customers that signed up to use the platform in the recent past.
- At the time of its launch itself, WINEDEPOT had over 150 suppliers expressing their interest in utilising the platform. On 30 September 2019, this number was reported at 200.
- The largest family-owned winery and the most successful family-owned wine business in Australia, Casella Family Brands, is WINEDEPOTâs foundation customer.
- DW8 recently closed a deal with Vodka Plus, which is an emerging craft spirit wine producer, representing the companyâs first craft spirit customer. The development certified the scalability of DW8âs business model into other verticals.
- Josef Chromy, Primo Estate, Blackgate Estate, Hutton Vale Farm, Kismet Trading and Golding Wines use WINEDEPOTâs end-to-end supply fulfilment.
- Redman Wines, Brown Hill Wines, Gatch Wines and Maan Wines are few smaller scale wineries (from leading Australian wine regions such as the Adelaide Hills, Coonawarra and McLaren Vale) that signed up as customers of WINE
Share Price Information
DW8 was trading at $0.007 on 17 December 2019 (AEST 01:00 PM), up 16.667%, on the ASX, with ~1.02 billion outstanding shares. The Company has a market cap of $6.13 million, and the stock has delivered a YTD return of 20.85%.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. The above article is sponsored but NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold the stock of the company (or companies) under discussion. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice through this platform.