Sayona Announced The Acquisition Of Six Tenements In World-Class Pilgangoora Lithium District

Sayona Announced The Acquisition Of Six Tenements In World-Class Pilgangoora Lithium District

Sayona Mining Limited (ASX: SYA) sources and develops raw materials for lithium-ion batteries. The company is primarily focused on the development of the advanced stage Authier lithium project in Quebec, Canada.

Today (i.e.,29 January 2019) the company announced the exercise of the final option payment to Great Sandy Pty Ltd. for the acquisition of 80% interest in six tenements. These tenements cover an area of 871 square-km in the world?class Pilgangoora lithium district. The acquisition has been an addition to the company’s Western Australia lithium portfolio.

The company has also made an agreement to acquire the remaining 20% of the tenure, in order to hold a 100% unencumbered interest in the tenement package.

The purchase terms of the Great Sandy Option consist a final $300,000 option payment to acquire an 80 percent interest in all the tenements. The remaining 20% will be acquired through the issue of fully paid ordinary shares in Sayona with an aggregate value 0f $100,000. These have been calculated using the volume weighted average price.

The Managing Director of the company, Dan O’Neill said that the company is pleased to have consolidated the Great Sandy option tenements into its portfolio. This acquisition is an addition to the company’s existing fully-owned Pilbara tenement holding. The total area of the tenements is 1,898 square-km, with tenure near other spodumene deposits, which includes the Pilgangoora and Wodgina mines.

The primary focus of exploration within the tenement group has been at the 141 square-km area of Mallina Lithium Project. However, much of the remaining tenement area is still unexplored. Geochemical anomalies are found till date within the tenement in more than 30 lithium soil which necessitates further testing. Another tenure included in the Great Sandy portfolio comprises the Moolyella Project, which is in the east of Marble Bar. Rock and soil lithium anomalies coupled with include and fractionated pegmatites have been found in the targets on Sayona’s ground, which now require systematic soil sampling and detailed exploration.

Sponsored ad by Kalkine

Currently, Australia the world’s biggest lithium exporter is expected to account for around 80% of global supply from hard rock deposits by the fiscal year 2020, primarily from Western Australia. The analysts indicated the continued demand growth for lithium, because of its usage in applications including electric vehicles and bicycles along with battery storage and consumer electronics.

Mr. O’Neill the Managing Director of the company further stated that Western Australia is at the heart of the lithium boom, and it is expected that Australia could soon produce half the world’s total lithium supply. The company’s tenements in the state add to its flagship Authier Lithium Project in Canada since it is working to unlock shareholder value from Lithium.

Now let us have a glance at the company’s stock performance and the return it has posted over the last few months. The stock is currently trading at a price of $0.021 with a significant increase of around 16.667% during the day’s trade, with a market capitalization of $30.89 million.


This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.

Join Our Discussion

Start discussion with value Investors for ASX Stock Market Investment and Opinion.

6 Cannabis Stocks under Investor’s Limelight…

Cannabis companies that sell both medicinal weed and recreational pot. Marijuana stocks to look at. Marijuana mergers and acquisitions. Dispensary data analytics. Upcoming marijuana IPO’s Those phrases have become increasingly common as marijuana legalization spreads.

Global spending on legal cannabis is expected to grow 230% to $32 billion in 2020 as compared to $9.5 in 2017, according to Arcview Market Research and BDS Analytics. As of June 29, 2018 the United States Marijuana Index, despite a lot of uncertainty around regulations, has over the past 1 year gained 71.49%, as compared to about 12% gain seen by the S&P 500.

Click here for your FREE Report


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here