MedMira Inc is a junior health care company that develops and makes rapid diagnostic test solutions.
Hermes Chan and Carlina Hui co-founded MedMira and innovated diagnostic medical solutions to improve the health care industry.
It is a publicly listed company on the TSX Venture Exchange with its common stocks trading under the ticker symbol ‘MIR’.
MedMira Holding AG holds a majority stake in the company. The Halifax-based biotechnology company is involved in the research, innovation, development and production of advanced diagnostic solutions and technologies, including tissue and eye bank solutions, point of care solutions, laboratories solutions and research solutions.
Rapid Vertical Flow ® diagnostics, a patented technology, is developed and manufactured by the company that helps hospitals, laboratories, medical clinics, and consumers with quick test results for several diseases, including HIV, COVID-19, Syphilis and Hepatitis.
The Canadian company markets various diagnostic solutions and products across the world under three primary brands, namely Reveal ®, Multiplo ® and Miriad ®.
The product offerings include:
• Reveal HIV- test for HIV-1 and HIV-2 antibodies.
• Reveal TP, a rapid TP (treponema pallidum) antibody test for syphilis.
• Multiplex tests include combo testing solutions for syphilis, Hepatitis B and C, and HIV-1/2.
• Miriad rapid tests for Hepatitis B, HIV-1/2, syphilis, and Hepatitis C.
• RVF toolkit supports the rapid diagnostic tests development process in laboratories until its commercialization.
• Reveal HP, a raid H Pylori antibody test.
Among all the products, the HIV diagnostic solution provided by the company is approved in the key markets across North America, the European Union and China. The firm has offices and production units in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
In addition, it claims to earn majority of profits from its business in North America.
In a press release dated March 3, 2021, MedMira Inc announced that it has developed the VYRA CoV-2 Antigen Test for swab samples and expanded its COVID-19 diagnosis solutions.