Dream Industrial Real Estate Investment (TSX:DIR.UN)

Real Estate

Dream Industrial Real Estate Investment Trust is a Canada-based mutual fund trust that owns and operates diversified industrial properties across North America and Europe.


The Toronto-based company focuses on investing and acquiring high-quality assets and claims to offer profitable returns to its shareholders.

The RIET firm manages and operates a diversified portfolio of high-quality and well-located industrial real estate properties in Canada, the United States and Europe.

The real estate portfolio consists of 186 industrial assets representing 280 properties across North America and Europe.

The diversified industrial assets reportedly cover an estimated gross leasable area of 28.8 million square feet.

Dream Industrial claims that it is focusing on increasing its presence in the European industrial markets. It is an unincorporated REIT with trading symbol ‘DIR.UN’ on TSX.


The company's modern, functional, and well-located assets are categorized into three building types based on operations such as

Distribution Buildings

These are highly functional large-bay buildings contributing 54 per cent to total investment property value. These properties are reportedly centered around well-connected routes and airports links. In addition, the company serves e-commerce, service and logistics tenants through its operations. Approximately 54 per cent of distribution buildings are located in Canada, 27 per cent in the United States, and 19 per cent in Europe.

Urban Logistics Buildings

The portfolio consists of small to medium-bay properties and accounts for 34 per cent of the total investment property value, reportedly. These properties are located close to populated urban areas and suitable to meet last-mile distribution needs. Canadian assets account for 83 per cent of the total portfolio, while United States and Europe markets represent 7 per cent and 10 per cent share, respectively.

Light Industrial Buildings

Light Industrial Buildings are medium to big-bay assets wherein investors can infuse significant capital, the company claims. As many as 94 per cent of the total property portfolio is concentrated in Canada, while the remaining 6 per cent consists of European assets.

The REIT firm's properties are located in key areas of Greater Toronto Area, Greater Montreal Area, and Calgary in Canada.

Contact Information

company address Suite 301 30 Adelaide Street East Toronto, Ontario M5C 3H1

company phone416 365-3535

company email[email protected]

company websitehttps://dream.ca/

Similar Companies

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK