Source: RSF Presentation, February 2021
- Plant-based consumer wellness brand Rritual Superfoods recently announced the launch of its premium brand in Rite Aid stores via the US.
- The Company would collaborate with third-party manufacturing to meet the rising demand, targeting its products' sale to major retailers across the US.
- Rritual is targeting national retailers instead of regional rollouts to gain market share.
A functional superfood company, Rritual Superfoods Inc (RSF:CSE), recently updated the market with the launch of its premium brand of functional superfoods in Rite Aid stores across the US in the second and third quarter. A significant achievement for Rritual Superfoods, the Rite Aid platform would carry RSF’s complete product line.
In an era where there is a growing focus on healthy eating, the demand for superfoods, plant-based products, and especially food complexes known as adaptogens, is rising. In this space, Rritual Superfoods is focusing on premium health supplements.
Joining Rritual in this space are two ASX-listed companies - The Food Revolution Group Limited (ASX:FOD),which is shifting its focus to adaptogens and plant-based products, and Creso Pharma Limited (ASX:CPH), which has now entered the psychedelics space with the use of mushrooms.
Rite Aid to carry Rritual’s complete product line
With this launch, Rite Aid will feature Rritual’s entire product line, including Chaga IMMUNE, Lion's Mane FOCUS and Reishi RELAX.
Furthermore, Rritual would use third-party manufacturing to meet the growing demand, with its sales and marketing strategy directed at major retailers across the US in 2021.
The launch of Rite Aid will be phased towards hitting 1000 retail stores as well as Rite Aid’s e-commerce platform. With a disruptive retail strategy, the Company targets national retailers instead of regional rollouts to increase market share and segment-defining leadership.
RSF’s products are USDA-certified organic and caffeine-free. Notably, these products can be consumed by mixing with other beverages or enjoyed on their own.
It is noteworthy to mention that the Company’s Immune-Synergy Six Mushroom Blend is the only functional health product in the market comprising a daily prebiotic blend which nurtures a healthy gut microbiome and aids balanced digestive function.
Rite Aid Corporation in a nutshell
- The 3rd largest US drugstore chain, Rite Aid Corporation, provides healthcare services and products to over 1.6 million people in the US daily.
- Pharmacists at Rite Aid are uniquely placed to engage with consumers and enhance their health outcomes.
- The drugstore chain provides various health products as well as services for the entire family via its more than 2,400 retail pharmacy locations across 17 states.
- Through Elixir, Rite Aid offers pharmacy benefits and services to almost 4 million members across the nation.
Let us now have a look at the Rritual products:
Chaga is Rritual’s immune booster. The chaga blend is bursting with bioactive polysaccharides. Besides, it combines chaga mushroom with the Eleuthero root to provide optimal immune system benefits. It also offers support for healthy immune functioning and well-being all year round.
Lion's Mane FOCUS
Lion's Mane FOCUS is a unique blend of mushroom and rhodiola root. It supports the cognitive function and brain health, besides improving the body’s ability to manage stress.
Reishi is for Stress Support and has abundant amino acids, polysaccharides, fatty acids, and triterpenes. The reishi blend includes Ashwagandha root to help the body and mind in fighting anxiety. The long-term use of Reishi can also enhance the quality of sleep for restless minds. Besides, it also allows the body to adapt to stress.
Mr. David Kerbel, CEO of Rritual Superfoods, commented:
Rritual is already manufacturing superfoods that form the foundation of the Company’s products. The launch of its premium brand in Rite Aid stores allows the Company to move one step closer to making a strong mark in the booming health food market.
On 9 April 2021, RSF shares closed at C$0.90, up by 7.14%.