- Catering to the energy, resources, and infrastructure sectors, Saunders International (ASX: SND) provides engineering, construction, and maintenance services.
- Its 100% owned subsidiary, Saunders Civilbuild has been functional for over 50 years, specialising in bridge design and construction, along with pile driving, precast concrete, and foundations for the mining industry.
- Based in Newcastle, Saunders Civilbuild is focused on New South Wales, primarily in the Hunter Valley, undertaking building, construction, and civil projects.
- Civilbuild serves state authorities, local government, and major mining and private sector clients.
Saunders International Limited (ASX:SND) has been successfully contributing to the development of Australian industries since establishment in 1951, providing a range of reliable, innovative, and cost-effective solutions, with trouble-free project delivery. The Company uses in-house expertise to deliver a comprehensive range of projects that comprises of design, manufacture, construction, installation, and maintenance services.
Over the years, the Company has emerged as a reputable, multi-disciplinary business entity providing a range of service offerings to its diverse client base- a wide range of industrial and infrastructure clients.
Consequently, SND has garnered ample investor attention on the ASX and has delivered YTD returns of 78.46% (as on 30 August 2020). On 31 August 2020, the stock traded at $ 0.560.
With that backdrop, let us walk through Saunders’ subsidiary- Saunders Civilbuild Pty Ltd.
Introducing Saunders Civilbuild Pty Ltd
Based in Newcastle, Saunders Civilbuild Pty Ltd (Civilbuild) is a 100% owned subsidiary of Saunders International, engaged in undertaking building, construction and civil projects across New South Wales. Civilbuild & its associated companies have a staff of 90 plus people along with associated subcontractors and tradesmen in the construction industry.
Over the last five decades, via innovative design alternatives and / or construction methods, Civilbuild has developed a reputation of accomplishing complex projects. ISO certified, Civilbuild offers smart solutions for risk, stakeholder and delivery management, scheduling, funding, and procurement strategies. The business caters to state authorities, local government, and major mining and private sector clients.
Civilbuild Services & Expertise
Civilbuild is a team of industry experts in civil engineering disciplines of precast concrete, concrete foundation works for heavy industry, bridge construction works, foundation systems, jetty & wharves construction, and building & construction management.
The business provides various kinds of civil engineering services suitable for civil engineering projects of large scale.
Kalkine Image (Source: Civilbuild Website)
Bridge Design and Construction
Civilbuild designs bridges to AS 5100, performed design verifications & certifications, and managed complete bridge replacement projects. Clientele comprise the New South Wales Roads and Maritime Services (RMS), local governments, universities and developers. The business caters to bridge design and construction projects concerning road and rail bridges for RMS and rail authorities, footbridges and conveyor under-passes.
Wharves and Jetties
Civilbuild deems itself capable of building wharves, jetties and boardwalks for both recreational and commercial use, and can construct all kind of deck structures- steel, timber, aluminium and concrete.
Civilbuild offers plant and equipment to suit local specifications of government agencies and RMS, and is experienced in building precast pre-stressed concrete elements and reinforced concrete structures.
Established in 2000 to produce precast concrete products for key infrastructure projects across New South Wales, Civilbuild Precast specialises in providing precast, pre-stressed concrete bridge components, specialised precast concrete panels, headstocks, piers and foundations.
Saunders Civilbuild is able to provide a large range of foundation solutions that include bored piers, driven piles, mini piles, sheet piling and auger piers. These can be used for conveyors, mine washeries, reclaim tunnels, building foundations, wharves & jetties, and other areas.
Civilbuild is able to design and manufacture temporary bridges to meet client’s specific needs and requirements and has designed a modular and prefabricated steel bridge system.
Some of Civilbuild’s recent awards included-
- 2nd contract by John Holland Rail, involving construction of a single span 27m long bridge over the North Coast rail line at Martins Creek, for $2.5 Mn
- Mid Coast Council awarded early stages of construction for 3 x bridges, for $4.3Mn
Other Civilbuild projects included
- Mt Pleasant Rail Loop for BGC valued at $ 2.1 Mn
- Martins Creek Rail Overbridge for John Holland CRN valued at $ 1.6 Mn
- Hebden Road for KCE/Glencore valued at $ 2.5 Mn
- Moss Vale Pedestrian Overbridge for the Wingcarribee Shire Council valued at $ 1.1 Mn
- Young – Overbridge for John Holland valued at $ 1.5 Mn
- Calderwood Bridge for JK Williams valued at $ 4.3 Mn
- Emu Crossing for the Uralla Shire Council valued at $ 3 Mn
- Tamworth 5 Bridges for the Tamworth Regional Council
- Woy Woy Pedestrian Underpass for the Gosford City Council
- Carrington Ship Loader for NAT Grain valued at $ 2.6 Mn
To know about Saunders’ latest developments, READ HERE: Impressive! Saunders Continues Contract Winning Momentum Despite COVID-19 Uncertainty