Today we are going to discuss about two FTSE AIM All-Share index listed stocks, i.e. Jangada Mines Plc and Michelmersh Brick Holdings Plc. The former belongs to the mining industry while the latter is from the construction & Materials Industry. Let’s take a look at Overview, financial highlights and share price performance of these companies.
Overview of Jangada Mines Plc
Jangada Mines Plc (LON: JAN) is into exploration and development of mineral commodities, including Vanadium, Titanium and Iron in North East Brazil. The company is working on two projects, i.e. Pitombeiras Project and PedraBranca project. The company’s share was admitted to trading on the Alternative Investment Market of London Stock Exchange on 29th June 2019.
JAN – Financial Highlights
On 31st March 2020, the company declared its unaudited six-month result for the period ended 31st December 2019.
- The company’s administration expenses decreased to $605k in the six months of 31st December 2019 as compared to $701k in the prior year.
- The loss before tax increased to $873k during the six months of 31st December 2019.
- Total comprehensive Profit / (Loss) attributable to owners of the parent increased significantly to $5,272k in the six months of 31st December 2019 as compared to a loss of $776k in the prior year.
- Exploration and evaluation assets decreased significantly to $179k as of 31st December 2019 as compared to £563k as of 31st December 2018.
- Investments in associates increased to £3,721k during the six months ended 31st December 2019.
- Cash and cash equivalents decreased by 119.57 per cent to $327k as of 31st December 2019.
- In January 2020, the company started a 2,500 meters’ drill programme to test the three most significant potential magnetic anomalies at the Pitombeiras south, Goela and Pitombeiras South targets. However, Drilling was planned to be finished in the second quarter of the year 2020.
- In August 2019, Valore Metals Corp purchased PedraBranca project for CAD 3.0 million as well as issued 25 million Valore Metals Corp common shares to Jangada Mine Plc.
- On 3rd October 2019, the company purchased shares for $100,000 in the share capital of Fodere Titanium Limited.
JAN - Impact of COVID - 19
On 27th March 2020, the company had announced that there are health and safety risks of keeping its team at the site during this time of uncertainty due to Novel Coronavirus Outbreak. The company decided to reduce the programme to a total of around 1,350 meters. However, the company expects that it will not have any material impact of this immediate plans.
JAN – Share Price Performance
On 1st April 2020, at around 09:18 AM (GMT), Jangada Mines Plc’s stock was trading at a price of GBX 1.39 per share on the London Stock Exchange, an upside of about GBX 0.23 or 19.83 per cent, as against the previous closing price, which has been reported to be at GBX 1.16 per share.
On 30th October 2019, the company’s stock price registered its one year high of GBX 3.08, while its one-year low was recorded at a price of GBX 0.90 on 17th March 2020. The current share price was up by 54.44 per cent from the one-year low price.
As on 1st April 2020, the market capitalisation of JAN was reported at GBP 2.81 million with respects to the stock’s current market price of the company. Jangada Mines Plc’s free float and outstanding shares had been reported at 60.0 million and 242.11 million, respectively.
At the time of writing, the average volume was reported at 238.32k, whereas the average volume of three months was reported at 834.50k.
Michelmersh Brick Holdings Plc
Michelmersh Brick Holdings Plc (LON: MBH) It is the United Kingdom-based company, which is involved in the production of pavers, clay bricks and tiles. In the year 1997, the company got incorporated. It owns prominent premium brands such as Freshfield Lane, Blockley's, Floren.be, Carlton, Charnwood, Hathern Terra Cotta and Michelmersh.
MBH – Financial Highlights
On 31st March 2020, the company declared its final result for the year ended 31st December 2019.
- The company generated 42 per cent higher cash by operations to £6 million as compared to the prior year. The company’s cash as of 31st December 2019 was reported to be at £15.1 million (2018: £5.2 million).
- The Revenue of the company increased by 15 per cent to £53.5 million and the gross margin improved by 2 per cent to 40.9 per cent during the FY2019.
- The company achieved turnover growth of 15 per cent by 5 per cent like-for-like growth in the UK business and from the acquired Belgian business.
- The Net Debt of the company was reported at £5 million as of 31st December 2019, which is equal to 0.6 times of Underlying Earnings before interest, tax and Depreciation & Amortisation (2018 £11.8 million - 1.07 times underlying EBITDA).
MBH - Impact of COVID - 19
As per the company’s information, the United Kingdom’s brick manufacturing sector is well-funded, and the company is expected to succeed in this sector. However, it also stated that the uncertainty has increased due to Covid-19, which will impact staff and consumers in ways that cannot be predicted. However, the company is confident that the Group can overcome the challenges posed by Covid-19.
MBH – Share Price Performance
On 1st April 2020, at around 08:02 AM (GMT), Michelmersh Brick Holdings Plc’s stock was trading at a price of GBX 91.0 per share on the London Stock Exchange, a downside in the value of about GBX 2.00 or 2.15 per cent, as against the closing price of the previous day, which has been reported to be at GBX 93.0 per share.
On 16th January 2020, the company registered its one year high at GBX 131.40, while its one-year low was recorded at GBX 77.0 on 07th august 2019. The current share price was up by 18.18 per cent from the one-year low price.
As on 1st April 2020, the market capitalisation of MBH has been reported at GBP 87.16 million with respect to the stock’s current market price. Michelmersh Brick Holdings Plc’s free float and outstanding shares had been reported at 54.60 million and 93.72 million, respectively.
At the time of writing, the annual dividend yield of the company was reported at 3.54 per cent, and the annual dividend of the company was GBX 3.29 per share. The beta of the stock has been pegged at 0.99, which indicates that the share price movement is almost inline with the movement in the comparative benchmark index.