We all have heard the rumours that in the coming future water might be the reason behind world war III. Harnessing clean drinking water has become an increasingly difficult task these days. In many countries, miles long water pipeline is being laid down just to provide clean water to remote places. Efforts, time and costs to fulfill the thirst of people in remote places, is not something that many counties can bear.
Water crisis problems have been around for quite some time now. The rising population, alarming pollution levels, global warming, excessive usage of ground water and many more reasons are behind the water crisis.
US based Zero Mass Water is a revolutionary technology company which might be having the solution to the water crisis. The company’s principal activities include developing and manufacturing of solar-powered devices which is extracts clean and drinkable water from the atmosphere. Yes, u read it right, extracting water from atmosphere.
Following the vision and mission statement of the company:
Zero Mass Water Vision – “Perfecting water for every person, every place”
Zero Mass Water Mission– “Making drinking water an unlimited resource”
The Solar-powered hydropanels, SOURCE, developed by Zero Mass Water utilize advanced materials science to pull water from even the driest conditions, enabling users to get clean water essentially anywhere in the world. Currently, SOURCE is installed in more than thirty-five countries on 6 continents and can produce water in low to medium sun as well as in humidity. The SOURCE hydropanels are infrastructure free and require no external electricity or water for producing pure water just by harnessing the power of the sun and the moisture in the air.
Around two years back, the Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) had announced an Australian-first trial of drinking water systems under which SOURCE was rolled out in 150 sites across Australia including Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and many more remote communities. Zero Mass Water was awarded $420,000 in ARENA funding under the trial.
The company recently released a smaller and more efficient model of its residential SOURCE Hydropanel at the 2020 Consumer Electronics Show, enabling residents across United states to make water from sunlight and air more efficiently than ever, bringing renewable water to more people throughout the country and the world over. Zero Mass Water’s focus is on providing off-grid, independent access to perfect drinking water for every person in every place—and the release of the next-generation SOURCE Rexi Hydropanel is an extension of that commitment, empowering people to create their own drinking water, and to take control over their drinking water in a sustainable and low-cost way.
SOURCE (Source: Company reports)
Zero Mass Water founder and CEO Dr. Cody Friesen Commented:
“At a time when our society’s drinking water access has been getting worse in the past decade—not better—we’re excited about our innovations, built on a focus of solving problems in a way that directly improves people’s lives.”
Along with this, the company recently introduced SOURCE fields and Water-As-A-Service model. Applications and locations of each SOURCE Field include:
- Phoenix, AZ: An array creating up to 182,500 liters of water annually, servicing local businesses in the Valley of the Sun, such as restaurants and grocery stores, introducing sustainably-sourced renewable drinking water as an alternative to tap and plastic bottled water in a metropolitan area known for its arid droughts and water stress;
- Queensland, Australia: An array creating up to 1 million liters of water annually, selling water under contract to a Waddi Springs, premium water bottling company that is selling a localized, non-extractive and responsibly packaged solution;
- Dubai, UAE (Platinum Heritage): An array creating up to 182,500 liters of water annually, designed for the Platinum Heritage group known for its sustainable desert safaris highlighting the local Emirati culture and heritage;
- Dubai, UAE (Blue Eyes): An array creating up to 1 million liters of water annually for Blue Eyes, an emerging packaged water brand differentiating by launching the only renewable water product available in their market.
The SOURCE Fields water solution is achieved with two different models:
- A customer contracts for a certain amount of water per month in what is called a Water Purchase Agreement (WPA), and they pay in real-time for the water produced at the SOURCE Field
- A customer purchases a SOURCE Field outright, owning the lifetime production of water
Cody Friesen, CEO and Founder, Zero Mass Water Commented
“We are fundamentally changing the human relationship to water, and what we are seeing today with our SOURCE Fields is just the beginning of the full promise: a sustainable future where a limitless supply of safe drinking water is a reality instead of a myth”
It is to be noted that each SOURCE hydropanel produces enough water to displace more than 20,000 plastic water bottles over 15 years which reduces the amount of plastic bottles that end up in landfill by eliminating the production, delivery, collection and recycling process.
To know more about water solutions providers in Australia, Click here.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.