Pro Medicus Limited (ASX: PME), Bailador Technology Investments Limited (ASX: BTI) and South32 Limited (ASX: S32) have recently announced their half year reports, with dividend distribution for the period.
Let’s deep dive into these companies with the announcements.
Pro Medicus Limited’s Interim Dividend Up by Over 71%
Medical imaging IT provider, Pro Medicus Limited (ASX: PME) offers a full range of radiology information system (RIS) software, PACS and e-health solutions. The acquisition of Visage Imaging in January 2009 enabled the Company to offer enterprise imaging solutions and Deconstructed PACS® enterprise imaging strategy. The Company, which was founded in 1983, has offices in Berlin, Melbourne and San Diego.
On 13 February 2020, Pro Medicus declared its dividend distribution and first half FY2020 results for the six-month period ended 31 December 2019. Key highlights from the results are as follows:
H1 FY2020 Financial Performance
- Revenue from contracts with customers grew by 15.7 percent on pcp, from $25.315 million to $29.288 million
- Underlying profit before tax increased from $ 10.190 million to $ 14.810 million, an increase of 45.3 percent year on year
- Net PAT was $12.051 million, an increase of 32.7 percent when compared with the same period a year ago
- Despite an increase in tax payments, dividend payout and greater investment in R&D, the Company’s cash reserves increased by $6.529 million to $38.844 million at the end of December 2019
- The Company had no debt at the end of the six-month period.
Fully Franked Dividend Distribution
- A dividend distribution amounting to 6 cents per share, fully franked, was also announced for the first half, representing an increase of 71.4 percent on pcp.
- The record date of the dividend distribution is 6 March 2020, while dividend is scheduled to be paid on 20 March 2020.
Two major contracts announced during the span of six months
- In November 2019, the Company announced that Visage Imaging Inc. (wholly owned subsidiary) signed a 5-year contract with The Ohio State University Wexler Medical Center (OSUWMC) for $9 million. As part of this contract, all OSUWMC’s radiology departments will get access to the Visage 7 technology.
- In December 2019, a $6 million five-year contract was signed between Visage Imaging Inc. and Palo Alto-based Nines, under which Nines would standardise on the Visage in the Cloud platform. As an outcome of this deal, PME would have geographical presence in North America with access to new Radiology-as-a-Service market.
Stock Information of PME
On 17 February 2020 (AEDT 02:37 PM), the stock of Pro Medicus was trading at $ 23.420, down 6.432 percent from its previous closing price. The outstanding shares of the Company stood at approximately 103.95 million with a market capitalisation of nearly $ 2.6 billion. The 52 weeks low and high price of the stock was noted at $ 13.079 and $ 38.39, respectively. The stock has an annual dividend yield of 0.42 percent.
Bailador Technology Announces Special Dividend of 2.5cps
ASX-listed specialist investor, Bailador Technology Investments Limited (ASX: BTI) invests in the media and information technology sectors. Within the technology sector, BTI covers several verticals including subscription-based internet businesses, eCommerce, online education, online marketplaces, SaaS, software, high value data, telecommunication applications and services.
On 13 February 2020, BTI announced financial results and dividend distribution for the first half of FY2020 for the period ended 31 December 2019.
- BTI declared a fully franked special dividend distribution for the six-month period of 2.5 cents per share;
- The record date and payment date of the dividend distribution is 5 March 2020 and 26 March 2020, respectively;
- The Company also announced the establishment of a dividend reinvestment plan, which allows eligible shareholders to reinvest all or part of their dividend in Bailador shares;
- The plan will be applicable to the recently announced Special Dividend.
H1 FY2020 Financial performance
During the reported period, the Company made some significant including SiteMinder raising funds from leading global investors at a valuation more than $1 billion.
- Net profit noted at $0.118 million.
- Gain on financial assets reached $2.4 million.
- Bailador NTA per share at $1.31
Stock information of BTI
On 17 February 2020 (AEDT 02:39 PM), the stock of BTI was trading at $ 1.12. The outstanding market shares were approximately $ 134.68 million, with a market capitalisation of nearly $ 134.68 million. While the 52 weeks low and high price of the stock was noted at $ 0.76 and $ 1.13, respectively.
South32 Declares Special and Interim Dividend for H1 FY2020
Globally diversified mining and metals company, South32 Limited (ASX: S32) is into the business of development of natural resources. S32 has operations in Australia, Southern America and South Africa to produce alumina, aluminium, bauxite, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, and nickel. The Company is the owner of a lead, silver and zinc development option (high-grade) in the region of North America.
On 13 January 2020, the Company released H1 FY2020 results and declared dividend distribution to its shareholders for the six-month period ended 31 December 2019.
Fully Franked Dividend Distribution
- Board declared a dividend distribution of 2.2 cents per share (US) (1.1 cps in interim dividend and 1.1 cps in special dividend), which is fully franked.
- The record date of the dividend distribution is 6 March 2020, while the payment date is 2 April 2020.
- Total interim and special dividend amounts to US$ 54 million each.
- Revenue declined by 16 percent year on year from US$ 3,811 million to US$ 3,216 million
- PAT stood at US$ 99 million with underlying EBITDA at US$ 678 million
- A decline of 80 percent in underlying earnings from US$ 642 million to US$ 131 million
- Capital management program increased by US$ 180 million to US$ 1.43 billion
Stock information of S32
On 17 February 2020 (AEDT 02:40 PM), the stock of S32 was trading at $ 2.655, an increase of 0.951 percent compared to the previous closing price. The outstanding market shares were approximately 4.9 billion, with a market capitalisation of nearly $ 12.89 billion. While the 52 weeks low and high price of the stock was noted at $ 2.36 and $ 3.973, respectively. The stock has an annual dividend yield of 2.18 percent.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report Top Dividend Stocks to Consider in 2020CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE REPORT!