The huge growth potential of pink sheets, as well as penny stocks, have made them increasingly popular among investors. Investing in penny stocks helps investors to increase their wealth in short span of time substantially. We have made a list of few penny stocks trading ASX which investors should consider while screening stocks.
DroneShield Ltd (ASX: DRO)
DroneShield Ltd is a drone technology company which was listed on ASX in 2016. In the last one year alone, the company had provided an impressive 120% return to its shareholders. The company currently has a market cap of around $66.9 million and total outstanding shares of 252.46 million.
Recently, the company’s oneSentinelTM multi-sensor counterdrone system was included in the CPNI Catalogue of Security Equipment.
Last month, the company won an Australian Department of Defence open tender for portable unmanned aerial system detection devices, marking the first sizeable order for the company’s portable drone detection device RfPatrol™.
DRO recent developments
- The company raised $9,550,000 in new capital in August, from a substantially institutional investor base, transforming, expanding and further institutionalising its share register, providing market liquidity, and securing its capital base for a long-term runway;
- DroneShield has received approximately $3m in customer cash receipts and grants for Jan-Sep 2019, compared to $1.8m for the entire CY2018;
- The Company continued to progress multiple substantial contracts globally, with a key potential bid for an order in the amount of $60 million - $70 million having progressed from the preferred bidder status to a negotiated form of agreement;
- The majority of the customer payments for the existing $3m order book are expected by the end of 1Q20.
At market close on 18 December 2019, DRO stock was trading at a price of $0.255 with a market cap of around $66.9 million.
Kalium Lakes Limited (ASX: KLL)
Exploration and development Kalium Lakes Limited (ASX: KLL) is focused on developing the 100 per cent owned Beyondie Sulphate Of Potash Project (BSOPP) in Western Australia overs an area of around 1,760 square kilometres, comprising 16 granted exploration licences.
The company was listed on ASX in 2016 and currently has a market cap of around $182.22 million. Impressively, in the last one year, KLL’s stock has provided a return of 53.66% to its shareholders.
The company recently reported brine analysis results for recent drilling activities completed at Lake Sunshine as part of the BSOPP. Drilling reveals thickness of Lake Sunshine brine aquifer to a depth 196 metres.
Major highlights of the results
- Significant increase in brine aquifer thickness (up to 145%) recorded at Lake Sunshine
- Drilling reveals thickness of Lake Sunshine brine aquifer to a depth 196 metres
- Drill results are contiguous with the current Mineral Resources and Ore Reserves
- Results show the highest SOP Concentrations recorded at Lake Sunshine - up to 20,872 mg/L (9,360 mg/L potassium) from more than100 metre depth.
At market close on 18 December 2019, KLL stock was trading at a price of $0.472 with a market cap of around $182.22 million.
RED 5 Limited (ASX: RED)
Australian gold producer, RED 5 Limited has advised that the underground exploration drilling has continues to confirm the potential for Resource extensions at the King of the Hills (KOTH) gold mine in the Eastern Goldfields region of Western Australia.
A three-hole ‘’proof of concept’’ drill program has been undertaken by the company to follow-up the mineralisation identified in historical drill holes (TARD series) targeting extensions down plunge to the north of the current 3.11Moz Resource model at the King of the Hills (KOTH) project.
Results from the second hole of the program, KHRD0352 have confirmed the presence of gold mineralisation 500m down plunge of the existing Resource, with broad mineralisation confirming the Inferred section of the Resource model with intercepts including:
- 3m @ 1.0g/t Au (185.1m-389.4m), (inside Resource model from 185.1m to 341m)
- 0m @ 1.0g/t Au (536.0m-613.0m), (outside Resource model)
In the last six months, RED stock has provided a return of 81.25% to its shareholders. At market close, RED stock was trading at a price of $0.280 with a market cap of $361.07 million.
Splitit Payments Ltd. (ASX: SPT)
A payment solutions provider, Splitit Payments Ltd. (ASX: SPT) is a technology company, which was listed on ASX in January 2019, and since then, its growth in merchant and user take-up has been faster than expected.
SPT’s recent highlights include:
- Record underlying sales over Black Friday and Cyber Monday long weekend, with 83% growth in key US market
- New partnerships with Magento, iPay88 (over 15,000 merchants) and BlueSnap
- New merchant agreements with high-value product and service providers including Dick Smith, Reds Baby, ReST, Plus Shop, Slabway, Later Gator and Mobvoi.
In the last three months, SPT stock has increased by 25.24% on ASX. At market close, SPT stock was trading at a price of $0.640 with a market cap of $200.94 million.
Yellow Brick Road Holdings Limited (ASX: YBR)
Australia-based financial services provider, Yellow Brick Road Holdings Limited had recently entered into a joint venture with Magnetar Capital to conduct a mortgage-backed securitisation business.
During the last financial year, the company embarked on a process of simplifying itself to focus primarily on mortgages, as well as restructuring the cost base, as it was necessary to ensure the business was less costly, more efficient in loan processing and able to operate on lower loan volumes.
At market close, YBR stock was trading at a price of $0.084 with a market cap of around $27.24 million.
Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies Limited (ASX: ROO)
Roots Sustainable Agricultural Technologies Limited is an Israel-based company which addresses critical problems being faced by agriculture and develops proprietary know-how and patents to bring maximum benefit to farmers. The company recently reported results from First Stage of Protein-based Plant Program indicates that by cooling roots using RZTO, the plant will increase the total pods yield.
At market close on 18 December 2019, ROO stock was trading at a price of $0.030 with a market cap of around $3.71 million.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.