Investors prefer diversification to reduce the risk of allocating their investments among numerous financial instruments in varied zones, keeping in mind that these would react in a different way in the same situation. Let us have a look at five stocks that are from diverse sectors including health care, information technology, consumer discretionary and communication services.
Speedcast International Limited
Listed on ASX in 2014, Speedcast International Limited (ASX: SDA), a communication services sector player, engaged in the provision of remote communications as well as IT services. The company provides its products and services in the categories such as network services, value added services, professional services and wholesale voice.
Two Industry Leaders for Board
- The company, through a release dated 27th September 2019, announced that Peter Shaper and Joe Spytek have joined the Board of SDA as independent Non-Executive Directors (IND).
- Speedcast International added that the new appointments were made after the company conducted an international search for suitable candidates on the position of INDs in order to support the renewal process of Board.
A Look at Substantial Holdings
- The company unveiled that UBS Group AG and its related bodies corporate made a change to their substantial holding on 20th September 2019 and the current voting power stood at 6.08% as compared to the previous voting power of 5.07%.
- In another update, Speedcast mentioned that Norges Bank ceased to be a substantial holder in the company on 18th September 2019.
First Half Performance Highlights
Speedcast International recently made an announcement, covering its performance results during the six-month period ended 30th June 2019, i.e. 1H FY19:
- Revenue of the group stood at US$ 357.6 million, reflecting a rise of 17.3% from the same period a year ago.
- Owing to working capital deterioration and non-recurring expenses, SDA reported operating cash flow of US$ 23.9 million. The cash conversion stood at 36% of underlying EBITDA.
- The company posted statutory NPAT loss of US$ 175.5 million, which included a US$ 154.8 million adverse impact from the impairment of goodwill relating to the performance of the non-government operating segment as well as a small positive impact because of AASB16.
The stock of Speedcast International Limited was trading at a price of A$ 1.280 per share on 30th September 2019 (AEST 12:14 PM), up 2.811% from its previous closing price. The stock gave a negative return of 65.89% in the time frame of six months, while on a year to date basis, the stock delivered a negative return of 54.73%.
IDP Education Limited
IDP Education Limited (ASX: IEL) is primarily involved in the placement of international students into education institutions in Australia, UK, US, Canada, New Zealand and Ireland. The company recently announced that Bennelong Australian Equity Partners Ltd became a substantial holder on 17th September 2019 with a voting power of 5.4623%.
Highlights - Financial Year 2019:
As per a release dated 22nd August 2019, the company updated the market with its performance for the twelve months to 30 June 2019 (FY19):
- The company reported total revenue amounting to A$ 598 million, reflecting a rise of 23% against FY18.
- It delivered EBITDA of A$ 115 million, up 29% in comparison to FY18.
- The student placement volume witnessed a rise of 25% to 49,600.
- It added that the notable growth of student placement as well as IELTS volumes in India has contributed to overall record business performance.
- In FY19, the company integrated Hotcourses Group into IDP as a rebranded B2B division namely, IDP Connect.
The Board of Directors of the company declared a final dividend amounting to A$ 0.075 per security (Record Date: 10th September 2019 and Payment Date: 26th September 2019).
The stock of IDP Education Limited was trading at a price of A$ 15.350 per share on 30th September 2019 (AEST 12:21 PM), down 3.52% from its previous closing price with a market cap of A$ 4.05 billion. The stock has delivered 9.12% in the time frame of six months, while on a year to date basis, the stock produced a return of 62.18%.
Jumbo Interactive Limited
Jumbo Interactive Limited (ASX: JIN) is in the business of retailing of lottery tickets. The company carried out its business via the internet and mobile devices (Australia as well as the eligible overseas jurisdictions). Jumbo recently announced that it would be conducting its 2019 Annual General Meeting on 24th October 2019.
Quarterly Rebalance of S&P/ASX Indices
- As per a release dated 6th September 2019, the S&P Dow Jones Indices announced some changes in the S&P/ASX indices. As per the changes made, Jumbo Interactive Limited has been added to S&P/ASX 200 Index.
- The changes came into effect on 23rd September 2019.
The company published a report of financial performance for the year ended 30th June 2019:
- JIN stated that the customer engagement and more Jackpots have driven growth of 75.1% in TTV and the figure stood at A$ 320.7 million.
- Revenue of the company stood at A$ 65.2 million with a growth of 64.0%.
- Net Profit Before Tax of the company amounted to A$ 38.2 million with a rise of 123.5%.
The stock of Jumbo Interactive Limited was trading at a price of A$ 24.470 per share on 30th September 2019 (AEST 12:28 PM), up 0.164% from its previous closing price with a market cap of A$ 1.52 billion. The stock rose by 75.10% in the time frame of six months, while on a year to date basis, the stock delivered a return of 235.37%.
Appen Limited (ASX: APX) is a quality data solutions as well as services provider for machine learning and artificial intelligence applications. The company caters to clients including global tech players, auto manufacturers and government agencies.
Financial Highlights for H1FY19
The company recently updated the market with its financial performance for the half year ended 30th June 2019:
- The company reported revenue amounting to A$ 245.1 million, reflecting an increase of 60%.
- It reported underlying EBITDA of A$ 46.3 million up 81%, while underlying EBITDA margins improved to 18.9% from 16.8%.
- When it comes to operating performance, the company stated that the Figure Eight is speeding up its technology roadmap, as well as is engaged in the diversification of revenue and expansion of markets.
The stock of Appen Limited was trading at a price of A$ 21.200 per share on 30th September 2019 (AEST 12:41 PM), down 2.394% from its previous closing price with market cap of A$ 2.63 billion. The stock fell by 2.29% in the time frame of six months, while on a year to date basis, the stock produced a return of 69.69%.
Mayne Pharma Group Limited
Mayne Pharma Group Limited (ASX: MYX) is a health care sector player, with drug delivery expertise, aimed towards commercialising pharmaceuticals (branded and generic).
Lapse of Options
- As per a release dated 16th September 2019, the company updated the market that 600,000 employee share options have been lapsed in line with its Employee Share Option Plan. The exercise price of the option stood at A$ 0.7682 with an expiry date of 28th August 2019.
- It added that the number of unquoted options stood at 1,220,000.
FY19 Financial Performance
- In FY19, the company reported revenue amounting to A$ 525.2 million, representing a decline of 1% in comparison to pcp.
- Reported EBITDA stood at A$ 111.6 million, reflecting a fall of 4% on pcp
- During the year, the company rolled out two specialty brand products in the US, TOLSURA® antifungal capsule and LEXETTE™ foam and five generic products.
The stock of Mayne Pharma Group Limited was trading at a price of A$ 0.502 per share on 30th September 2019 (AEST 12:42 PM), up 0.4% from its previous closing price with a market cap of A$ 791.47 million. The stock fell by 24.81% in the time frame of six months, while on a year to date basis, the stock produced a negative return of 32.89%.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.