Colombian singing sensation Shakira has sold the publishing rights of her songs to music royalties investment firm Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited (LON: SONG), an investment company registered in Guernsey, for an undisclosed amount.
- Shakira is one of the most popular female Latin singers and has more than 80 million album sales.
- Shakira sold her entire catalogue of 145 songs to the Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited, which has acquired her 100 per cent of music publishing rights, which also includes publishing and writer's share of income.
- Shakira, with over 32 million listeners is Spotify’s most-streamed female Latin artist, and her songs have been played billions of times.
- LSE listed Hipgnosis receives a decent portion of the royalties from the songs it owns each time they are played on different platforms like radio, TV, streamed, or even in department stores.
- The firm has raised £1.2 billion from investors since 2018 and has acquired more than 120 catalogues till date.
- Commenting on the deal, Shakira said that Hipgnosis would be a great home for her catalogue.
- On 14 January 2021, the stocks of Hipgnosis Songs Fund Limited (LON: SONG), traded higher by 0.42% from its previous closing, hovering at around GBX 120.00 at 08:44 AM GMT+1.