- WH Smith Plc (SMWH) has announced the preliminary results for the year ended 31 August 2019.
- The group’s revenues at £1,397 million were up by 11 per cent for the year, while the like-for-like revenue growth was 1 per cent.
- Travel segment total revenue was up 22 per cent, while it was up by 8 per cent excluding InMotion and up 3 per cent on a like-for-like basis.
- The company reported a record number of international units won in the year with 433 units open as at 31 August 2019.
- On 17th October 2019, at the time of writing, GMT 12:04 PM, SMWH shares were trading at GBX 2,244.00, up by 156.00 points or 7.47 per cent against the previous day closing price.
With Bank of England reducing the interest rates to a historic low level, the spotlight is back on diverse investment opportunities.
Amidst this, are you getting worried about these falling interest rates and wondering where to put your money?
Well! Team Kalkine has a solution for you. You still can earn a relatively stable income by putting money in the dividend-paying stocks.
We think it is the perfect time when you should start accumulating selective dividend stocks to beat the low-interest rates, while we provide a tailored offering in view of valuable stock opportunities and any dividend cut backs to be considered amid scenarios including a prolonged market meltdown.