- California announces Vax for the Win – Get Vaccinated, Get rewarded program.
- Win 116.5m in vaccine lottery prize money.
- 2 million residents who get fully vaccinated will receive US$50 “incentive cards”.
- Cash prizes of US$50,000 will be awarded to 30 winners in two draws on June 4 and June 11.
- The main event will be on June 15, with 10 cash prizes of US$1.5 million.
California has announced one of the most luring vaccination lottery program called VAX FOR THE WIN today. Governor of California Gavin Newson revealed the state vaccine lottery of more than 116 million dollars in cash prizes to fully vaccinated Californians.
The Vax for the Win program kickstarts from May 27 as a token of thanking Californians to get vaccinated.
Vax for the Win - US$15 million in prizes ~ US$50,000 Fridays ~$50 cards
Californians who get vaccinated on or after 27 May 2021 will get a redemption code by text or email within 7-10 days after their last vaccination. For those receiving a two-dose series, the US$50 card will be set aside until the second dose is completed.
How to get US$50 ‘incentive cards’?
Beginning from 27 May 2021, two million Californians who are eligible to initiate and complete their vaccination can get a card as per their preference:
- A virtual card worth US$50 (that can be used online, in-store where major debit cards are accepted, or added to a mobile wallet and can be used in-stores that accept mobile wallets),
- Or a grocery gift card worth US$50 from Kroger (which includes Ralphs, Food 4 Less and Foods Co.),
- Or a grocery gift card worth US$50 from Albertsons (that includes Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions and Andronico’s Community Markets).
To obtain these cash card a person should be at least 12 years old and living in the state and get vaccinated beginning on or after 27 May 2021. Moreover, people who are out of state and incarcerated people cannot obtain cash cards. This card system only lasts until the first 2 million individuals start or complete the process. Californians who are fully vaccinated will not be eligible for the cash cards system. It can take up almost five business days to obtain the cash card. If you do not possess a mobile phone, an email address, or a permanent address, you can give a call at 1-833-993-3873 to get a physical card. However, the state says that before calling you should wait for at least 7-10 days after the vaccination.
What is US$ 50000 Fridays?
In June, on two Fridays - June 4 and June 11 - two cash prizes of US$50,000 will be awarded to 30 winners in two draws.
What is the grand prize?
The grand prize of the Vaccine lottery is one to eye. Ten people on June 15 will receive the grand prize of US$1.5 million via a lottery. To be eligible, one must be at least 12 years of age and have received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Prize money will be paid once the vaccination is completed.
To get rewarded, get Vaxed for the Win!!!!