This is The Mid Market Pulse show on kalkine Live TV. Lets get started with the mid market commentary for today and see how ASX 200 traded today.
• Materials was the best performing sector, gaining 2.5 per cent. Over the past five sessions, it has rallied 7.60 per cent.
• The government plans to increase spending on mental health support for new mothers and on screening for breast and cervical cancer as part of an $354 million women's health package to be unveiled in the upcoming budget
• ASX opened flat with negative bias as investors remained cautious after Sydney extended COVID-19 restrictions by a week. Moving on to the Gainers and Losers. The top 5 performing stock on the ASX were Star Entertainment Group, Pilbara Minerals Crown Resorts, Fortescue Metals Group and Omni Bridgeway. The top 5 worst performing stocks were A2 Milk Company, Incitec Pivot, Nuix, Appen and Pro Medicus.
• Shares of PointsBet Holdings were up 4 per cent at $14.10 after the company said that its wholly-owned subsidiary PointsBet USA Inc has entered into a binding agreement to acquire Premier Turf Club, an Advance Deposit Wagering operator.
• The share price of A2 Milk has dropped 12 per cent to $6.18 as the company has again slashed its Financial year 2021 revenue guidance.