Rolls-Royce impacted by new Covid-19 strain
• Rolls-Royce has said that due to the new Covid-19 variants, its customers and cashflow are getting affected due to travel restrictions.
• The company said it might lose £2bn ($2.7bn) this year as it has sold just 55 per cent of the total engines it did in 2019.
• The company could face a cash burn of £500m more than what the experts had thought. BT to hire more staff to rollout 5G services
• BT Group will hire more than 400 apprentices and graduates across streams including engineering, customer service, and cyber-security to extend its 5G networks.
• In 2020, BT had cut 3,600 full-time jobs under its restructuring plan, which helped it save £352m ($481.7m).
• The new positions will be based in Birmingham, Edinburgh, Cardiff, Ipswich, Bristol, Dundee, London and Manchester. Saga reports pick up in holiday interest after vaccine rollout
• Travel and insurance company Saga has reported a surge in holiday interest in the age group above 50 years following the Covid-19 vaccination rollout.
• There has been an 86 per cent jump in the demand for cruises and similar travel plans.
• The company said that despite the pandemic, 69% travellers rebooked their cruises rather than asking for refunds.