Updated: High Tide's (TSXV:HITI) Tsunami Sweeps Market, Up 1400%!

Stocks of Canadian pot company High Tide Inc (TSXV:HITI) skyrocketed by as much as 1,400 per cent after it announced 15:1 stock consolidation on Wednesday, May 12.

The cannabis-focused drug retailer has consolidated 15 shares at C$ 0.60 apiece to one share at C$9 apiece. The company has taken this move to meet the minimum share price requirement pegged by NASDAQ.

High Tide is likely to debut on the New York-based exchange by the end of this month. Its consolidated shares will start trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture (TSXV) on or about Friday, May 14.

The company concluded the 80 per cent stake acquisition of Fab Nutrition LLC, a US-based e-commerce platform of hemp-made cannabidiol (CBD) goods, On May 10. The company paid US$ 20.64 million to close this deal and with a window of three years to buy the remaining 20 per cent of the online retailer at any time.

The company expects to solidify its presence within the US digital CBD marketplace through this acquisition.

Let us take a glance at this pot stock’s price movement and financials:

High Tide Inc (TSXV:HITI)

The Alberta-based firm manufactures cannabis products and provides pot wholesale services. It also commercializes pot accessories and related lifestyle products.

After shares consolidation, its price stock price stands at C$ 9 apiece, up 328.57 per cent from its 52-week low of C$ 2.1 apiece (Recorded on July 31, 2020). However, it has dropped nearly 47 per cent compared to its 52-week high of C$ 16.95 apiece (Noted on February 8, 2021).

It has zoomed almost 208 per cent since its debut in November 2020, guided by the green wave. It has a 50-day average trading volume of 2.55 million shares and a market cap of nearly 6 billion.  

The pot distributor completed its business merger with cannabis retailer Meta Growth Corp in August 2020 to build a leading pot outlet chain in Canada, covering 65 locations and adding C$ 148 million in revenue yearly.

High Tide's One-Year Price Versus Moving Average Outlook Chart. (Source: Refinitiv)

At the previous close price, High Tide’s shares were trading around four per cent down from its 20 Moving Average (20 MA) of C$ 9.37 apiece, representing a short-term bear market. However, the stock could rebound to its 52-week high once it goes public on the NASDAQ Exchange and begins capitalizing on the US cannabis market through its subsidiary, Fab Nutrition.


Disclaimer
The content, including but not limited to any articles, news, quotes, information, data, text, reports, ratings, opinions, images, photos, graphics, graphs, charts, animations and video (Content) is a service of Kalkine Media Incorporated (Kalkine Media), Business Number: 720744275BC0001 and is available for personal and non-commercial use only. The advice given by Kalkine Media through its Content is general information only and it does not take into account the user’s personal investment objectives, financial situation and specific needs. Users should make their own enquiries about any investment and Kalkine Media strongly suggests the users to seek advice from a financial adviser, stockbroker or other professional (including taxation and legal advice), as necessary. Kalkine Media is not registered as an investment adviser in Canada under either the provincial or territorial Securities Acts. Some of the Content on this website may be sponsored/non-sponsored, as applicable, however, on the date of publication of any such Content, none of the employees and/or associates of Kalkine Media hold positions in any of the stocks covered by Kalkine Media through its Content. Kalkine Media hereby disclaims any and all the liabilities to any user for any direct, indirect, implied, punitive, special, incidental or other consequential damages arising from any use of the Content on this website, which is provided without warranties. The views expressed in the Content by the guests, if any, are their own and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of Kalkine Media. Some of the images/music that may be used in the Content are copyright to their respective owner(s). Kalkine Media does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed/music used in the Content unless stated otherwise. The images/music that may be used in the Content are taken from various sources on the internet, including paid subscriptions or are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source wherever it was indicated or was found to be necessary.

   

Kalkine

Rated 4.3/5 based on 904 Reviews at Google My Business
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK