The programme touches upon price-sensitive announcements during early trading hours in the Australian market that would impact stock movement. Watch The Stocks in Action on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
Let us look at the stocks that are under the spotlight today:
• ASX-listed lithium mining company Pilbara Minerals has entered a trading halt, pending an applicaiton to the Supreme Court of Western Australia. This is in relation to its inadvertent failure to lodge a cleansing notice under the Corporations Act within the prescribed 5 day period after the issue of shares back on the 25th June.
• Sleep treatment business, SomnoMed report that their quarterly activities report for the period ended 30 June 2021 saw a 91% jump in unaudited Revenue despite the impacts of COVID-19. Its Full-year unaudited revenues increased by 9%. Net cash position of $19 million was recorded on 30 June 2021.
• The steel manufacturer BlueScope Steel, announced underlying Earnings before interest and tax for financial year 2021 to be more than $1.72 billion.
• NRW Holdings shares are currently trading in the green. The company acquired two contracts with a combined value of close to AU$90 million.
• NRW Holdings was also awarded a contract for the delivery of a 34 megawatts Solar PV System for Rio Tinto at the Gudai Darri mine in the Pilbara region of Western Australia.