The last streaming segment of the day talks about the market closing scenario, along with giving a glimpse into the performance of the Asian markets. Watch The Last Trade on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Oil and gas producer Oil Search shares emerged as the top performer among the ASX pack after the company rejected a takeover bid from rival Santos.
• Global resource company BHP Group saw its shares falling 2.65 per cent to hit an intraday low of AU$49.16 despite reporting robust performance in the financial year 2021.
• The share price of Sydney Airport dropped as much as 0.75 per cent to AU$7.85 after the country’s only listed airport operator reported a fall in traffic in the month of June.
• Shares of software firm Altium Limited extended loss for the second consecutive session on Tuesday and fell as much as 5.9 per cent to AU$33.1.
• Shares of Australia’s largest Buy-Now-Pay-Later player Afterpay rose as much as 3.9 per cent to AU$109, paring opening losses.
• Shares of electronics retailer JB Hi-Fi gained as much as 3.7 per cent to AU$49.49 amid optimism over strong earnings.
• Shares of oil and gas exploration firm Prominence Energy NL rose as much as 8.3 per cent to 1.3 cents on bagging new contract.
• Shares of telecommunication services provider Spirit Technology Solutions Ltd jumped as much as 7 per cent to 30.5 cents on strong earnings outlook.
• Jewellery retailer Lovisa Holdings Limited fell as much as 2.7 per cent to AU$15.58 today.