This show gives a glimpse of global market performance, and the factors driving different markets, including the US, the UK, Australia and the Asian markets. Watch Global Market Roundup on Kalkine TV and stay updated.
• Wall Street closed lower on Thursday, retreating from record closing highs in a broad sell-off driven by uncertainties surrounding the pace of the U.S. economic recovery.
• Chinese stocks continued to decline after Beijing launched data security probes against several big companies listed in the US.
• Gold futures were up 0.06 per cent. Silver decreased 0.51 per cent, while copper fell 1.24 per cent.
• Brent oil decreased 0.01 per cent and WTI crude increased 1.44 per cent.
• Euro zone bond yields fell further on Thursday as a global bond rally continued unabated and the ECB tweaking its inflation target was broadly seen strengthening the central bank's ultra-easy monetary policy stance.
• Germany's 10-year yields were at 0.315 per cent, down about 3 basis points on the day, while European stock markets sold off.