Fairfax Media Limited - Merger of Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media

  • Jul 26, 2018 AEST
  • Team Kalkine
Fairfax Media Limited - Merger of Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media

Fairfax Media Limited’s (ASX: FXJ) stock skyrocketed 8.7 per cent on July 26, 2018 after the announcement that Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited (ASX: NEC) and Fairfax entered into a scheme implementation agreement under which both companies will merge to establish Nine as one of the leading independent media companies in Australia. As per the agreement, Fairfax shareholders will get scrip consideration of 0.3627 Nine shares for each Fairfax share held and $0.025 cash consideration per Fairfax Share. Of which, Nine’s shareholders will hold a 51.1% stake in the combined entity, while FXJ’s shareholders will claim the rest 48.9% interest. According to the deal, the combined entity will be headed by Mr. Hugh Marks (Nine’s Chief Executive Officer). The combined entity will also invite three Fairfax Directors to join the Board of the consolidated business, which will be led by Nine Chairman, Mr. Peter Costello and further incorporate two Nine’s directors into the combined business. Through this deal, the combined business will expand its portfolio size through incorporating Nine’s free-to-air television network, digital business portfolio i.e., Domain, Stan, and 9Now, and Fairfax’s media portfolio. The proposed transaction will be subjected to shareholder and other approvals.

Fairfax Media Limited traded at a market price of $0.837 with the market capitalization of circa $ 1.77 Bn (AEST: 03:30 P.M.)

[pluginops_form template_id='23834' ]  

Dividend Stocks To Buy

The Income available from dividends remains attractive for many investors.

We take a look at the best yields on the market and assess what they say about a company’s prospect.

One Thing is certain, though, Australia interest rates are still low, making income difficult to come by and keeping the focus for many investors on high yielding stocks. Kalkine’s team of analysts bought you handpicked report for “Top 25 Dividend Stocks For 2018.”

ASX-relevant Special Reports are published year-round to provide a detailed analysis into an investing opportunity or a potential risk to your portfolio.

Click here to get your free report.


The advice given by Kalkine Pty Ltd and provided on this website is general information only and it does not take into account your investment objectives, financial situation or needs. You should therefore consider whether the advice is appropriate to your investment objectives, financial situation and needs before acting upon it. You should seek advice from a financial adviser, stockbroker or other professional (including taxation and legal advice) as necessary before acting on any advice. Not all investments are appropriate for all people. Kalkinemedia.com and associated websites are published by Kalkine Pty Ltd ABN 34 154 808 312 (Australian Financial Services License Number 425376). website), employees and/or associates of Kalkine Pty Ltd do not hold positions in any of the stocks covered on the website. These stocks can change any time and readers of the reports should not consider these stocks as advice or recommendations.


All pictures are copyright to their respective owner(s).Kalkinemedia.com does not claim ownership of any of the pictures displayed on this website unless stated otherwise. Some of the images used on this website are taken from the web and are believed to be in public domain. We have used reasonable efforts to accredit the source (public domain/CC0 status) to where it was found and indicated it below the image.


There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.

Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.

As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. OK