While investing, an investor interacts with various class of investment, such as bonds, FD’s, shares (Equities) etc. However, when it comes to investing in equities, the small-cap companies persist with a high risk in comparison to large-cap and mid-cap.
In this article, we would be discussing about some small cap stocks and their recent updates, to reach to a conclusion- which small cap stock is gearing up in the trading session of 30th October 2019.
PPK Group Limited (ASX: PPK)
PPK Group Limited (ASX: PPK) is engaged with the business activities such as manufacturing, providing support and distribution of CoalTram, along with other underground diesel automobiles, alternators and so forth.
- The company recently through a release dated 28th October 2019 updated the market about its entry into a binding Memorandum of Understanding, wherein the company would be acquiring 45% shares in the manufacturer of soft and hard ballistic products - “Craig International Ballistics Pty Ltd”.
- PPK also added that the strategic investment in Craig International Ballistics Pty Ltd aligns well with the company’s Joint Venture Research Agreement with Deakin University and BNNT Technology, wherein all the parties have given their acceptance in order to advance the research into a range of BNNT potential uses, leading to commercial opportunities for BNNT through 6 new BNNT application projects.
- On the consideration front, PPK Group would be issuing 500,000 shares in the company at a price of $4.50 per share, and it would also include a cash payment amounting to $2,750,000 for a total consideration of $5,000,000.
The stock of PPK is quoting at $5.100 per share, with a decline of 5.028% (at AEST 1:34 PM) as on 30th October 2019. The stock has delivered stellar returns of 149.77% and 299.26% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
Emeco Holdings Limited (ASX: EHL)
Emeco Holdings Limited (ASX: EHL) is known as the global leader in making the best use of the execution of heavy earthmoving equipment. EHL was established in 1972, with operations in all major mining areas of Australia. Its clients are from mining entities.
Response to Media Speculation
- The company has recently provided a response through a release dated 22nd October 2019 in relation to a potential acquisition of BGCC or BGC Contracting Pty Ltd.
- It was mentioned in the release that the company explores opportunities in order to add value to EHL, as well as its shareholders on a continuous basis. However, BGCC being just one of many in recent times.
Notice and Agenda for 2019 AGM
The Annual General Meeting 2019 of Emeco Holdings Limited has been scheduled to be held on 14th November 2019 and there would be few business agendas as follows:
- Resolution for re-election of Mr Peter Frank.
- Resolution for adoption of the Remuneration Report.
The stock of EHL is quoting at $1.797 per share, slipping by 0.718 percent (at AEST 1:34 PM) as on 30th October 2019. The stock has delivered returns of -23.95% and -9.95%% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
Phoslock Environmental Technologies Limited (ASX: PET)
Phoslock Environmental Technologies Limited (ASX: PET) offers designing, engineering and project implementation solutions for water associated projects and water treatment products to clean up water bodies like lakes and canals.
Chinese subsidiary secured High-Tech & Reduced Tax Rate Status
- The company through a release dated 28th October 2019 announced that the Government of Beijing has granted National High-Tech Enterprise Status to its fully owned Beijing subsidiary.
- Achieving this status means an entity active in the high-tech space which is supported by the Government.
- In order to get this status, PET primarily performed a rigorous process of assessment, which comprises of examining its Research and Development programs.
- It was mentioned in the release, that the company has benefited from a corporate tax rate, which reduced to 15% from 25% for an initial period of 3 years.
In the report for the quarter ended September 2019, the net cash outflow of the company stood at $3.484 million, settling major payments such as $5.124 million and $0.946 million for product manufacturing & operating costs and staff costs, respectively.
When it comes to the guidance for FY20, the company is expecting sales in the ambit of 10,000-15,000 tons on known projects and production in the range of 25,000-30,000 tons.
The stock of PET is quoting at $0.930 per share, with a fall of 2.105% (at AEST 1:36 PM) as on 30th October 2019. The stock has delivered returns of -34.61% and 141.71% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
Steamships Trading Company Limited (ASX: SST)
Steamships Trading Company Limited (ASX: SST) has its operations in the divisions of Hotels and Property, Logistics and Commercial & Investments.
Change in Date for Interim Dividend 2019
Recently, SST through a release dated 24th September 2019 announced that the date for 2019 interim dividend has been changed from 4th October 2019 to 1st November 2019 because of delays in securing foreign exchange, as a consequence of shortages in currency.
A look at Half-Yearly Results
- For the half-year ended 30th June 2019, the company witnessed a rise of 5% to K285 million in revenue from ordinary operations against the same period last year, this has been achieved at decreased margins as well as at a higher operating cost.
- This demonstrates the continuing challenging economic environment witnessed in PNG, which has persisted over the past 4-5 years period.
- However, the charge for the depreciation for the year to date (release of half-yearly results) stood at K39.8 million in comparison to K43.1 million in the same period in 2018.
The stock of SST is quoting flat at $13.000 per share (at AEST 1:39 PM) as on 30th October 2019. The stock has delivered returns of -18.29% and -26.55% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
Johns Lyng Group Limited (ASX: JLG)
Johns Lyng Group Limited (ASX: JLG) is into providing building and restoration services throughout the Australian region. JLG has a diversified consumer base consisting of commercial enterprises, loss adjusters and so forth.
AGM to be held on 21 November 2019
The company would be conducting its 2019 Annual General Meeting on 21st November 2019. It would be considering and receiving its financial report for the year ended 30th June 2019 and a few resolutions such as:
- Resolution for adopting remuneration report.
- Resolution for re-election of Mr Lindsay Barber as Director.
Issue of Shares
- The company has issued 52,782 fully paid ordinary shares on 20th August 2019 at nil consideration.
- The shares have been issued upon vesting of Performance Rights, which were issued under JLG’s Employee and Executive Incentive Plan.
16.8 % revenue growth in FY19
- On 20th August 2019, the company updated the market participant with its strong financial year 2019 performance closed on 30 June this year, wherein it reported a rise of 16.8% and 11.6% in the Group’s revenue and EBITDA, respectively.
- It added that the results have been mainly fuelled by outstanding contribution from the Group’s Insurance Building and Restoration Services division’s core Business as Usual activities, which delivered 39.9% revenue growth against prior year.
The stock of JLG is quoting at $1.855 per share, moving down by 0.802 percent (at AEST 1:39 PM) as on 30th October 2019. The stock has delivered returns of 20.65% and 24.67% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.