Small cap stocks comprise of the entities with small market capitalisation. They often provide an edge to individual investors over institutional investors, since they choose to buy large-cap stocks that are deemed as stable ones. However, an investor anticipating for aggressive return on their investment in stocks would invest in the small-cap stocks. Also, investors who are willing to take higher risks can contemplate making an investment in the small cap stocks.
In this article, we will be discussing about six ASX-listed small cap stocks, which were trending in during the trading session and provided a day full of wealth to the investors as well as traders.
Fatfish Blockchain Limited (ASX: FFG)
Acceptance of Offer
- The company through a release dated 15th November announced that it has received and accepted a binding offer regarding its Swedish Subsidiary “FGV” from Abelco Investment Group AB, which is Swedish-listed company for the merger of its Swedish venture in consideration of amount of A$12.7 million. However, the offer is subject to the approval of shareholders.
- Under the terms of offer, the company would be disposing its 81% shareholding in FGV to Abelco Investment Group AB in lieu of 50.1% of the enlarged share capital of Abelco.
- The merger would establish a tech “powerhouse”, which would be a leading venture investment company with an international presence from the Nordic region to Southeast Asia with a portfolio surpassing 20 holdings.
- The company would retain its current blockchain portfolio as well as its A$1,100,000 in cash reserves on hand.
The stock of FFG last traded at $0.012, with a fall of 7.692% from its last close, as on 18th November 2019. FFG has delivered returns of 18.18% and 30.00% during the last one month and three months, respectively.
Smart Marine Systems Limited (ASX:SM8)
Smart Marine Systems Limited (ASX:SM8) is engaged in designing and development of shark mitigation as well as ocean technology. It also makes investments in other marine technologies.
A Decent Entry into Financial Year 2020
Recently, the company through a release dated 31st October 2019 updated the market with the activities performed for the quarter ended 30th September 2019 and outlined following:
- In the quarter, the company witnessed accelerated revenue growth. The company further stated that Harvest Technology Pty Ltd has begun charter of the VOS Shine in late July in Netherlands and wrapped up inaugural Tiwi Island fibre optic cable lay project.
- It was mentioned in the release that it had entered into agreement to sell its 20% interest in Seabin Pty Ltd (as announced on 30th August 2019). The owners of remaining 80% of Seabin made an unconditional offer of cash $300,000 in order to acquire the SM8’s 20 percent stake.
The stock of SM8 last traded at $0.040, with a decline of 2.439% from its last close, as on 18th November 2019. SM8 has delivered returns of 57.69% and 86.36% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
Reward Minerals Ltd (ASX: RWD)
Reward Minerals Ltd (ASX: RWD) is an advanced stage sulphate of potash exploration and development company.
Joint Venture Agreement
- The company through a release dated 13th November 2019 announced that it has executed a Farm-in and Joint Venture Agreement with Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (ASX: FMG) in the McKay Range.
- It was also mentioned in the release that the Joint Venture Agreement has been established between wholly owned subsidiary of Reward and Fortescue Metals Group Ltd being named as Holocene Pty Ltd and FMG Resources Pty Ltd, respectively.
- Fortescue Metals Group Ltd, who would be the operator of the Farm-in and Joint Venture, has the right to earn an 80% joint venture interest in the tenements by expending $2 million in coming four years, with a minimum expenditure liability of $400,000.
The stock of RWD last traded at $0.135, with a rise of 3.846% from its previous close, as on 18th November 2019. RWD has delivered returns of 52.94% and 31.31% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
Australian Mines Limited (ASX: AUZ)
Australian Mines Limited (ASX: AUZ) is in the production and supply of battery-grade cobalt and nickel chemicals to the electric vehicle sector.
Commitment to the Electric Vehicle Market
The company recently provided an update on its business in relation to the upcoming Annual General Meeting.
- AUZ stated that it is optimistic about the successful progress of Sconi project and it would place AUZ at the front in the battery materials space.
- It would also enable AUZ to draw benefit of the international demand for nickel and cobalt, which are essential commodities utilised by EV battery makers as well as in the storage and supply of fresh, sustainable energy sources.
- The achievement of a number of key milestones at Sconi project in FY19, which provided the company with a faith to pursue the financing as well as offtake agreements needed to develop Sconi into a globally significant exporter of cobalt, nickel and scandium.
The stock of AUZ last traded flat at $0.017, as on 18th November 2019. AUZ has delivered returns of -26.09% and -10.53% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
AnteoTech Ltd (ASX: ADO)
AnteoTech Ltd (ASX: ADO) is in the development and commercialising medical products, energy and battery material composites.
Change of Company’s Name
- The company through a release dated 15th November 2019 announced that it has changed its name to name to AnteoTech Ltd from Anteo Diagnostics Ltd.
- It added that the new name was endorsed by shareholders at the 2019’s Annual General Meeting.
Chairman’s Address to Shareholders
- At Annual General Meeting 2019, the Chairman of the company addressed the shareholders and stated that ADO had remained steadfast and totally focused on seeking the implementation of ADO’s strategy of taking its main strength- proprietary surface technology IP, and concentrating its application in the two important markets throughout the past year period.
- It was added by Chairman that the Lithium-ion market fundamentals continue to be strong, with the latest global market estimates continuing to grow.
The stock of ADO last traded at $0.020, with a rise of 11.111% from its prior close, as on 18th November 2019. AUZ has delivered a return of 38.46% during the last six months.
GI Dynamics ® Inc. (ASX: GID)
GI Dynamics ® Inc. (ASX: GID) is in the development and commercialisation of effective non-surgical approaches for the treatment of type 2 diabetes and obesity.
Exercise of Tranche 4 Warrants by Crystal Amber
On 18 November 2019, GID notified the market that on the backdrop of its previous notifications during August 2019, along with October and November notifications related to around US$10,000,000 financing arrangement with Crystal Amber, it has obtained the relevant exercise notice and the relevant funds for the exercise of those warrants that were to be exercised by it on or 15 November 2019.
Consequent of the exercise of the Tranche 4 Warrants, GID confirmed that it has allotted 31,740,748 CDIs to Crystal Amber for a total value of US$500,000.
Financing with Crystal Amber
- The company through a release dated 22nd August 2019 announced that it has agreed to the terms of a financing with Crystal Amber Fund Limited of up to around US$10 million.
- The financing would also involve the exercise of certain existing warrants, the issuance of a new convertible note as well as potential issuance of a new warrant.
Change in Substantial Holdings
- The company recently announced that Richard Cashin has made a change to his substantial holding in the company on 5th October 2019 and his current voting power is of 11.08% as compared to the previous voting power of 12.7%.
- In another update, GI Dynamics, Inc updated the market that Crystal Amber Fund Limited increased its substantial holding with the current voting power of 72.62% against the previous voting power of 71.37%.
The stock of GID last traded flat at $0.021, as on 18th November 2019. GID has delivered returns of -36.36% and -4.55% during the last three months and six months, respectively.
This website is a service of Kalkine Media Pty. Ltd. A.C.N. 629 651 672. The website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular company. Kalkine Media does not in any way endorse or recommend individuals, products or services that may be discussed on this site. Our publications are NOT a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
There is no investor left unperturbed with the ongoing trade conflicts between US-China and the devastating bushfire in Australia.
Are you wondering if the year 2020 might not have taken the right start? Dividend stocks could be the answer to that question.
As interest rates in Australia are already at record low levels, find out which dividend stocks are viewed as the most attractive investment opportunity in the current scenario in our report.