- Calorie requirement even varies based on gender, age, physical attributes, body deficiencies.
- Personalised nutrition aims to achieve optimum health by using medical, genetic, and physical information about the individual.
- It is based on the idea that tailoring nutritional advice, products, or services will be more efficient than other generic approaches
What you eat in a day builds muscle strength, stamina, immunity, and fights illnesses. That’s why it is always recommended to eat healthy and nutritious food so that the body remains in good overall health.
We all know that eating nutritious food is beneficial. But what is nutritious, how many calories should one intake, is it the same for all, or does it vary?
Everybody needs a different quantity of nutrients in a day. It depends on various environmental, physical, and social factors. For example, in rural areas, calorie intake increases as people do more physical labour; likewise, a pregnant woman will need more calories.
Calorie requirement even varies based on gender, age, physical attributes, body deficiencies, etc. So, simply going to the internet and looking for “how much and what should one consume in a day” might not be helpful.
What is personalised nutrition?
In personalised nutrition, you get tailored dietary advice for what you should include in your daily food chart. So, it is strictly individualised, and you eat to prevent diseases and optimise overall health. Personalised nutrition aims to achieve optimum health by using medical, genetic, and physical information about the individual.
© Svanhorn4245 | Megapixl.com
How can personalised nutrition help you?
- It makes you eat lesser discretionary food - Discretionary foods like sugar and butter-enriched cakes and cookies are not beneficial for the body because they do not add healthy nutrition. So when you are on a personalised nutrition diet, you consume less discretionary food.
- Personalised nutrition inculcates better dietary habits - Many surveys have suggested that dietary habits improve when people are on personalised diets. Thus, the overall intake of healthy nutrients enhances.
- It supports weight management -Personalised nutrition helps one fight obesity and malnutrition. Consuming the exact number of calories and the food products your body needs help in weight management.
- Boosts better functional status and quality of life - When you consume what your body demands, you move towards a better quality of life. As a result, you are likely to have a better functional status, and you’ll feel overall positive.
- Makes one feel motivated and stress-free - When you are eating in a personalised sense, you focus on your wellbeing. Isn’t it just great! Keeping the body as the foremost priority motivates one towards having a good and stress-free life.
So, now you can imagine what wonders personalised nutrition can do to your wellbeing. So, what’s the worry now? Think about it, talk to a nutritionist, and get your personalised nutrition chart for a better and healthier future.