Callinex Mines Inc. is a junior mining company involved in the identification, evaluation, acquisition, exploration, extraction, and development of mineral resources, mainly precious metal (gold and silver) and base metal (zinc and copper) assets.
In 2011, Callinex Mines split out from Callinan Mines refocusing on the exploration of base metal massive sulphide deposits. Since then, the company acquired a portfolio of zinc projects and expanded its mining business.
Callinex Mines Inc is a public corporation listed on the TSX Venture Exchange in Canada, with its common shares trading under the ticker symbol CNX. The natural resource mining company also lists and trades its common shares on the Over the Counter Market in the United States under the trading symbol CLLXF.
The Vancouver-based metal explorer has and operates gold, silver, zinc, and copper-rich assets in its portfolio categorized into three geographic segments:
Flin Flon Mining District
• The Pine Bay Project consists of mineral claims spanning a total area of more than 6,000 square kilometers. The property hosts the Rainbow Deposit, which bears quality copper (Cu), zinc (Zn), gold (Au) and silver (Ag) elements.
• The Flin Flon Project comprises mineral claims encompassing a total area of 2,455 hectares. The mineralization is similar to the 777 Mine (operated by Hudbay). In 2015, the company acquired a 100 per cent ownership stake in the project.
Bathurst Mining District
• Nash Creek Project includes seven adjacent mining concessions spread over approximately 15,542.31 hectares in the northeastern region of New Brunswick.
• Superjack Project hosts three volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) deposits with near-surface zinc mineralization. The company owns a 100 per cent stake in the project.
• Headway Project – The company is working on silver discoveries, which is close to Nash Creek Project.
Buchans Mining District
The company owns a 100 per cent stake in the Point Leamington Project in Newfoundland, Canada. The property hosts zinc and gold-rich volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) deposits.
Callinex Mines is focused on exploration and drilling work to discover, evaluate, and exploit prospective target areas to expand the mineral resource potential for the development and advancement of its project.