- January 26, 2023 03:04 PM SAST
- January 26, 2023 11:47 AM SAST
Eskom's debt plan raises hopes for investors facing long wait for relief
- January 26, 2023 09:00 AM SAST | Reuters
* Investors see state taking on up to 2/3rds of Eskom debt * Details of timeline, size and mechanics of debt swap unclear * Eskom's international bonds on steady climb since start of 2023 By RachelRead More...
Sonatrach, Sasol to produce 'low carbon' hydrogen in Sicily
- January 25, 2023 03:58 PM SAST | Reuters
MILAN (Reuters) - Algerian state energy company Sonatrach is teaming up with South Africa's petrochemical group Sasol on a project in Sicily to produce "low carbon" hydrogen and synthetic natural gasRead More...
South Africa's coal-reliant Sasol signs 289 MW wind power deals
- January 24, 2023 11:06 AM SAST | Reuters
HARARE (Reuters) - South African petrochemical firm Sasol said on Tuesday it had signed three wind power purchase deals as it shifts towards renewable energy to meet its carbon emissions targets. TheRead More...
Buffalo Coal Corp Says Unit Entered Into Secured Credit Facility Agreement With Ikwezi Mining FZE
- January 23, 2023 09:20 AM SAST | Reuters
Jan 23 (Reuters) - Buffalo Coal Corp: * BUFFALO COAL CORP - UNIT, BUFFALO COAL DUNDEE PROPRIETARY ENTERED INTO SECURED CREDIT FACILITY AGREEMENT WITH IKWEZI MINING FZE * BUFFALO COAL CORP - PURSUANTRead More...
South Africa's Eskom says worst power cuts over for now but urges less use
- January 22, 2023 01:14 PM SAST | Reuters
By Tim Cocks JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Calling all South Africans: be sparing with electrical appliances after 4 p.m., think twice about whether you really need to boil so much water for that tea, andRead More...
South African utility Eskom to reduce power cuts over the weekend
- January 20, 2023 03:26 PM SAST | Reuters
(Refiles to fix typo in the first paragraph) JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African state power company Eskom said on Friday it would reduce rolling power cuts over the weekend, as the utilityRead More...
JPMorgan: Investors should buy Eskom bonds before South Africa budget
- January 17, 2023 03:24 PM SAST | Reuters
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - JPMorgan has encouraged investors to buy the bonds of South Africa's Eskom ahead of the country's Feb. 22 budget, which is expected to set out how much of the troubled energyRead More...
South Africa plans new law to speed up power projects
- January 17, 2023 02:37 PM SAST | Reuters
By Carien du Plessis JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa is developing new legislation to speed up energy projects to add generating capacity and help end power cuts, a presentation by the country'sRead More...
Esken Ltd Signs Multi-Year Partnership Agreement With easyJet To Operate From London Southend Airport
- January 17, 2023 09:31 AM SAST | Reuters
Jan 17 (Reuters) - Esken Ltd: * ESKEN LIMITED - AIRLINE AGREEMENT * ESKEN LTD- HAS SIGNED A MULTI-YEAR PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH EASYJET TO OPERATE FROM LONDON SOUTHEND AIRPORT Source text for Eikon:Read More...
Davos 2023: South Africa plans to end load-shedding in 12-18 months -Finance Minister
- January 17, 2023 09:10 AM SAST | Reuters
DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - South Africa has a plan to improve energy provision that will end the need for any power cuts within the next 12-18 months, ITS Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana said onRead More...