Cigna Corporation is an American multinational company that provides health care services.
The company has a global presence in over 19 countries and operates through nearly 90 regional offices.
Cigna Corporation has its roots in a predecessor organization founded in 1792. The Connecticut-based business was formed in 1982, following a merger between INA Corporation and Connecticut General Corporation.
It operates under three segments:
• Evernorth: Includes pharmacy solutions, intelligence solutions, benefit management solutions, etc.
• US Medical: It consists of US Commercial and US Government business provides medical and coordinated solutions to its clients and customers.
• International Markets: It includes supplemental accident, life and health care coverage and insurance products.
The company provides various insurance solutions such as accident, life, supplemental, disability, dental insurance, and Medicare. It caters to businesses, companies, individuals, government clients, etc.
Cigna Corporation provides dental insurance plans, health insurance for family and individuals, Medicare advantages, other supplemental insurance and international health insurance.
In addition, it claims to offer insurance solutions to employers of multiple firms.
Cigna Corporation claims that most of the health plans are covered with benefits like $0 for annual check-ups, day-and-night calling facility, dedicated healthcare staff, etc.
In addition, it provides its health and wellness services through a mobile-based application ‘myCigna app’.
In 2021, Cigna Corporation was reportedly included in the best employers list under different categories like new grads, diversity and America’s best employers list.
The health insurance firm operates through various subsidiaries and affiliates such as:
• Express Scripts Inc
• Healthspring Inc
• LINA Life Insurance Company of Korea
• CIGNA Behavioural Health Inc
• Temple Insurance Company Ltd
• CIGNA Pharmacy Management
• Medco Health Services Inc
• CIGNA Mortgage Securities, Philadelphia, LLC
The company claims to serve over 17 million customers who avail dental and medical services and covers approximately 22million customers in the United States with life and group disability insurance.
In addition, it covers Medicare prescription in all the 50 states of the United States.
The global health services firm also provides information on various diseases, health care measures, prevention, and care on its official website.