US stock markets ended mixed on Tuesday in anticipation of positive retail earnings and steps by House Democrats to expedite a legislative version of President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion stimulus.
• The Dow Jones Industrial Average ticked up 0.20% to 31522.75, S&P 500 slipped 0.06%.
• Energy, industrials, financials, basic materials, and consumer non-cyclicals lead.
• A severe cold blitz, which swept the US over the weekend, and killed several people in car crashes, shot up the demand for natural gas for heating homes.
Will Plan to Spin Off Universal Music Keep the Momentum High for Vivendi? Shares of French media conglomerate Vivendi SA rallied nearly 20 per cent on Monday to EUR 31.22 as the company announced its plans to list its profitable division Universal Music Group (UMG) by the end of this year.
• Vivendi SA shares rallied after disclosing the plans of an IPO for Universal Music Group by the end of 2021.
• The Universal Music Group is expected to go public on the Euronext stock exchange in Amsterdam by the end of the year. Nissan Denies Tying Up with Apple for Its Electric Car
• Japanese auto major Nissan announced that it is not in talks with Apple Inc, after news surfaced that both the companies are in talks for developing autonomous cars.