Andrew Little, the Justice Minister has announced the final edition of Cannabis Legalisation and Control Bill. It will be voted in 1 of 2 polls at the current year’s General Election.
The exposure draft Cannabis Legalisation and Control Bill has been updated and includes details about:
- How the regulation of consumption premises would work
- How the cannabis market would function and the phased introduction of cannabis starting with fresh and dried cannabis, cannabis plants and seeds
- The approvals process for cannabis products and which products would be prohibited
- Licensing requirements and infringements and penalties
- Ways to minimize exposure of young people to cannabis